Tables possible in Textkit-postings?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Tables possible in Textkit-postings?

Post by Carolus Raeticus »

Hello,

I intend to ask for help in Latin prose composition matters. To do so I would like to present the English original and my Latin translation alongside as a table (2 x 2 cells). Is that possible in Textkit?

Bye,

Carolus Raeticus
Sperate miseri, cavete felices.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Re: Tables possible in Textkit-postings?

Post by klewlis »

hi, welcome here.

You can't do a table in the box, but what you can do is use the CODE tag (see at the top of the text box when you are posting). That makes everything fixed-width so you can align it. Example:

Code: Select all

abcd     αβγδ
efgh     εζηθ
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

(I guess that would only work for shorter phrases, nothing long.)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carolus Raeticus »

Hello, klewlis.
klewlis wrote:You can't do a table in the box, but what you can do is use the CODE tag (see at the top of the text box when you are posting). That makes everything fixed-width so you can align it.
Thank you for the hint, but that would make copying a section of text from either of the columns (e.g. in an answer to a posting) difficult if that section were spread across more than one line. But perhaps some day in a new version of BBCode...

Nunc valê!

Carolus Raeticus
Sperate miseri, cavete felices.