Salvete!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Sarah N.
Textkit Neophyte

Salvete!

Post by Sarah N. »

Hello all,

It says that this is the board for introductions, so, let me introduce myself. My name is Sarah and I am a college student from Minnesota. I am interested in Classical languages, and am currently sacrificing my life for this persuit, by taking third level Latin and first level Greek at the same time. :shock: I don't think I'll have much time to really become at home on this board, because I have noticed the tendency of internet forums to take over ones life, so I am only going to pop in on occasion to ask questions. (I'm scared of my Greek tutor. :P ) Besides obsessing over dead languages, I also like literature (notably C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and G.K. Chesterton) British comedy, and drinking tea.

Vale,

Sarah N.

Hu

Post by Hu »

Salve, Sarah! Why do you think taking Latin and Greek at the same time is so :shock:-worthy? They're very similar.

Anyway, do feel free to ask us if you need any help.

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

Hi Sarah,

I'm also a big fan of C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, and I've even read a fair amount of Chesterton (only the Father Brown stories, to be honest, and maybe an essay or two).

Hope you have the finest time and the fairest fortunes as you learn Greek and improve your Latin.

(Even Shakespeare had "little Latine and lesse Greek")

Regards,

David

Deudeditus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Deudeditus »

Salue, Sarah! Mae govannen

Tolkien is responsible for my interest in languages, really. The best of luck to thee, in thy quest for classicity.

-Jon

Fabiola
Textkit Member

Post by Fabiola »

Welcome, Sarah! We sound very similar (and indeed, we share the same name :))

This board is very friendly and helpful, I know you'll love it! :)

Sarah N.
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Sarah N. »

Thank you for the warm welcome. I think taking Latin and Greek :shock: -worthy, because that's my facial expression most of the time. I just don't have the time for all the homework. And my roomate is currently telling me to get off the computer and finish my Latin homework.

They are very similar, and I would be dying in Greek if I hadn't taken Latin. I really want to take Old-English, but they don't offer that at this university. :(

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

Whoa, your roommate is telling you to get off the computer and to do your homework? I always thought it was the other way around.

David

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Welcome to Textkit!

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Χαι?ειν Σα?α,

I love drinking tea. It's one of my favorite things to do when reading a good book and/or taking a bath (tea in the bath is simply wonderful). I'm a big C.S. Lewis fan myself also. Best wishes to your studies, and yes, this board can become a major part of your life. That being said, I have quite a few people here that I would most certainly number among my friends. It's kinda hard to find geeky language people like ourselves, so when you DO find them, you really tend to gravitate to them.

Hope you enjoy your stay.