Classic commercial

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
wrongfilter
Textkit Neophyte

Classic commercial

Post by wrongfilter »

Hello everyone,
My first post here -- I'm not actively studying Greek or Latin at the moment (although I did three years of Latin at school) but have been following the textkit forum for some time just out of interest. Yesterday, I had a brochure in my letter box from some fashion company and one of the photos made me laugh and prompted me to sign up and share it with you. Here is a link: http://www.mcgregor-fashion.com/downloa ... r_2006.jpg
Look at the book the guy's holding. Not what you'd expect...

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

Oh no!! don't tell me we are all about to become fashionable!!
And I'd just got used to being a geek :shock:

jjhayes84
Textkit Neophyte

Post by jjhayes84 »

Carola wrote:And I'd just got used to being a geek :shock:
Seriously, if I became "cool" I don't know what I'd do with myself.

Deudeditus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Deudeditus »

Yeeeaaaahh Dio!

-Jon

Fabiola
Textkit Member

Post by Fabiola »

jjhayes84 wrote:
Carola wrote:And I'd just got used to being a geek :shock:
Seriously, if I became "cool" I don't know what I'd do with myself.
Same! That would be quite an odd experience. :?

GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Post by GlottalGreekGeek »

I was under the impression that we were already cool, but maybe that says more about the kind of people I hang out with than anything else :wink:

cdm2003
Textkit Fan

Re: Classic commercial

Post by cdm2003 »

wrongfilter wrote:Yesterday, I had a brochure in my letter box from some fashion company and one of the photos made me laugh and prompted me to sign up and share it with you...
Interesting...a friend of mine confided that Harvard University Press has teamed up with Anna Kournikova to actually promote the Loeb series. He sent me a copy of the ad which is to be run in the next SI Swimsuit Edition. If there's any interest, I'd be happy to post it.

Chris
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae

Deudeditus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Deudeditus »

what? I thought Classics were cool! wait a minute.... tense change... they are cool! there's some latin in a song of mine or two. one is done completely Nostra Lingua. I know no [verry little] Greek, so that is unfortunate... anyway, I get more people to actually think of me as Rhetor (indeed, I have had a few call me, at my drunken request, Magister, and my knickname remains Preston to this day... :? ) than as a sex-idol-rockstar... no big stretch there... hehe... but all the same! People dig Latin (they may dig Greek, too, but as I said, I'm nae in a position to know).

Y'all are the coolest! Rock out with your copies of Cassius Dio out!:mrgreen:

-Jon