Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
deirdre2
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by deirdre2 »

I guess I'm to introduce myself. Is this the right place? If not, I apologize. Since 2000 I have taught economics, history, English, and communication (yes, I realize the combination is strange) at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and am adjunct in Classics and Philosophy there. I'm an economist, and taught it for 12 years at the University of Chicago. With small Latin and less Greek (both learned at the University of Iowa where I also taught), I am merely a classics groupie, but an intense one. You can follow the other exciting features of my life at deirdremccloskey.org. My only active research interest in classics these days is an imagined paper on the philosophical implications of the three forms of indirect speech in Attic.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re: Introduction

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Very nice to meet you and welcome to Textkit!

Jeff
Textkit Founder

JamesEubank
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Introduction

Post by JamesEubank »

University of Chicago professor!!!
Really nice to meet you sir, I am a student of history. I wanna do some researches in the history of correlation among among languages. I think this forum is (now) obviously looking very helpful for me now...