Greetings to all

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
WangWei
Textkit Neophyte

Greetings to all

Post by WangWei » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:46 pm

Hi everyone,this is WangWei from China.I'm new here, but as you can see I've been a spectator for a while and found both materials and discussions on this site very helpful.
I'm very interested in Greek and Latin.The enthusiasm began last Semptember when I got a copy of Wheelok's Latin and finished it in several months by self study.
Now I'm working hard on the Pharr book downloaded from this site.Starting by May 1st I've covered 35 lessons so far(one per day),and I find Pharr a great book for lively touch of greek literature.as early as the 13th lesson you can read real Homer. Gratias ago amicis textkiti for such a wonderful book.
I'm a college student in Shanghai. In my university there is a good tradition in chinese classic study, but frankly in western classic languages, we have almost none, so I have to rely all on myself and the internet and mostly on textkit.It was a real joy when I first discovered this site.

As chinese culture is somewhat mysterious to you westerners, so is Helas and Rome to us. May our understandings of one another be deeper and more solid.
Greatings!

nostos
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Greetings to all

Post by nostos » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:35 pm

welcome to Textkit, WangWei :)

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:51 pm

Welcome.
One lesson from Pharr per day? Wow!

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:30 am

Ni Hao!! (Sorry, but that's about all the Chinese I know).

Welcome to Textkit...keep up with the Pharr's....that's a pretty impressive pace. Glad to have you aboard.

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:30 am

I am always impressed by people who speak one language and then learn Latin or Greek with a textbook written in yet another language!
One day I am going to visit China, it has always been a fascinating place for me. We had many Chinese friends of our family when I was growing up and I think they gave me a life-long interest in the place, not to mention a love for the cuisine!
Good luck with your studies.
phpbb

Michaelyus
Textkit Fan

Post by Michaelyus » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:13 pm

Nihao, Wangwei.

Ni zai Shanghai Daxue xue shenme?

Wo ye shi zhongguoren, danshi wo shengchu zai Yingguo, zheli zhangda de.

Ni ladin wen hen bang - ni cai xue de bannian?

Wo zhu ni zouyun xue guxila he ladin wen.
phpbb

WangWei
Textkit Neophyte

Post by WangWei » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:55 pm

Michaelyus wrote:Nihao, Wangwei.

Ni zai Shanghai Daxue xue shenme?
ni zhongwen bu cuo.
Well, I major in Philosophy in Uni Fudan(if you may know it).Reading Aristotle translated in Chinese is a real disaster, no matter how hard I tried, the paragraphs just didn't make sense in a logically whole. So Aristotle is one of my aims of learning Greek.