WooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Do you still feel like a kid when school gets out??

As a matter of fact I do get giddy.
60%
No, I'm way too mature for that.
20%
Uh...yeah...but I still AM a kid (for those younger members of the forum).
20%

Total votes: 15

Kopio
Global Moderator

WooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo

Post by Kopio »

Yes!!!!

Final Exams are finally finished!!!

I am so glad to be done with school for the summer. For some reason I still feel like I'm a kid when the last class is done.

Just thought I'd blow off some steam and let everyone know I'm a free man!

How about the rest of you (for those of you who are students)...are you out of classes yet??

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

I do, but because it means there will be far fewer alarming, and way too revealing, cell phone coversations going on around me on my bus ride to work.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

CharlesH
Textkit Neophyte

Post by CharlesH »

edited for brevity
Last edited by CharlesH on Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Post by GlottalGreekGeek »

This will be the best time of getting out ever because I'm getting my high school diploma and can, after a little less than 14 years, finally say good bye to the San Francisco Unified School District. Forever. Unless I someday get a ward who attends SFUSD, of course.

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

Two weeks ago was the last time classes will end for me - at least until some hypothetical graduate program. This time next year, I'll be turning in final grades, not making them. From student to teacher: omnis finis initium quoque est!

-David

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

I do because I hate it when we finish! When university goes into its summer break I feel quite lost and devastated. Being a (very) mature age student I study because it is so much fun! If I didn't have to work I would just study and play music all the time - what a life!

Sanskrit
Textkit Member

Post by Sanskrit »

Life is one big vacation. 8)

Deudeditus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Deudeditus »

I do because I hate it when we finish! When university goes into its summer break I feel quite lost and devastated.
exactly. it's like finishing a REALLY interesting book, or losing a pet. what is there to do? just mope around all day, reading and playing Rome Total War, studying Latin and dabbling in every other language I have material on, wear flipflops and verbally abuse people who cut me off.... and cut the 3-4' weeds 100' around the house, fix the dog pen, get the cows out of the yard, fix the barbwire fence they broke to get in, replant all the poor plantas they ate, study for the ASVAB, run untill I drop, toss stones and cabers, run back home, cut more weeds, cut firewood, do pushups till i cant feel my arms cut the III dead trees around my house, continue to be baffled by the representation of large numbers in Roman Numerals, pushup my arms to death again, go to sleep at X and wake up again at V:XXX, and do it all again.. and the whole time it's hot! (yesterday and today it was raining, though, tomorrow the humidity will kill me.)

summer blows. stay in school.

Sanskrit
Textkit Member

Post by Sanskrit »

Then go to summer school. :)

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Ach ja Deu., ich freue mich darúber, dass du dich daran gewöhnt hast, so viele Press-Ups während des langweiligen Sommers auszutreiben, bis deine Arme anfangen, dir Weh zu tun. ich aber ziehe aus dem göttlichen Eisen geschaffene Freigewichte vor. zudem ist man sich einig, indem man mehrere Sprachen ganz beschwerlich besorgen will. doch solltest du, der Hänchenbauer, der bar der schönen den Bischöfen statt der Press-Ups Händern Weh machenden Herz erschlöpfenden Mut gebenden ohne Schwangerschaft Mädchen, etwas Schönes jagen und ausschieben, anstatt dass du das Gleiche deinen Flipflopsn aufträgst. Gute Wurst.

~E

EDIT: ICH SAGE NOCH EINMAL: ERSCHLöPFEN IST DOCH EIN WORT!
Last edited by Episcopus on Mon May 22, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

I wonder what babelfish would make of E.'s post?

"Oh Deu., I looks forward to the fact that you got accustomed to drive so many press Ups out woehrend the boring summer until your arms begin you pain to do I however pull from the goettlichen iron created weights allowed free before besides are one itself united, by wanting to procure several languages completely cumbersomely nevertheless should you, which Hoenchenbauer, for which without the beautiful bishops instead of Hoendern making the press Ups the erschloepfenden courage giving without pregnancy Moedchen hunts and shoves out, something beautiful, instead of you the same your Flipflopsn auftroegst. Good sausage."

Good sausage indeed!

-david

CanadianGirl
Textkit Fan

Post by CanadianGirl »

To Bellum Paxque: Congratulations! Teaching is MUCH more fun than being a student. I had my doubts when I first started teaching last year, but I love it. Get this-they PAY you for teaching-nobody gives you anything for being a student. Also you get to order people around , instead of BEING ordered around. Also, you still look forward to summer vacation-you can catch up on slacking, etc. & still look forward to school next fall. Regards, Paige.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

well, in all fairness to Epi, that's a bit of a bollocks translator you have there.

love from Kopio

Deudeditus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Deudeditus »

Epi, you're post confused me, also. and when i translated your last little tag 'ich sage...' it confused me again. doesn't ich sage mean I say? (c.f. secgan... ich secge, thuu sagas[t], hee sagath) babelfish translated it as legend...

Good Sausage :D
-Jon

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

(The greeting in Dutch;)

Goede worst.

Sanskrit
Textkit Member

Post by Sanskrit »

I am eating good tofu. :oops:

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

annis wrote:I do, but because it means there will be far fewer alarming, and way too revealing, cell phone coversations going on around me on my bus ride to work.
LOL, that is so true with people over here who think there is some sort of "bubble" surrounding them so the rest of the world isn't privy to their soap opera-like life.

I'm just hoping to get a seat at the Borders Cafe when there will be less students camped out while pretending to study.

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Deudeditus wrote: Good Sausage :D
-Jon
You know...that's so funny I think it's going to be my sig for a while.

Good Sausage Indeed!! :)

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

Paige,

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm really excited about the chance to teach, but not quite as excited about the age group. The kids ages range from 4-12, I think. I've never worked with kids much, never had any younger siblings.

Also, I don't know about your position, but I'm teaching English abroad (South Korea, to be precise).

Any advice before I go--in a month?

-David