Greetings

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
jmason52
Textkit Neophyte

Greetings

Post by jmason52 »

Greetings to all. Am brand new to this site and am looking forward to getting started. Am a military history buff who, up to now, had mainly focused on the American Civil War. Watched "Rome" on HBO and got hooked again on the classical world. Followed up the TV by starting Colleen McCullough's "First Man" series - am finally about done with "The October Horse". Very well researched and written, but certainly supports Caesar as a god. In spite of this, i am pretty sure he may have had a flaw or two. :) Anyway, am looking forward to getting started and meeting some of you online.

Now for my "HELP" question: I filled out the newsletter request and the forum request (obviously) per the guidelines. When I went to the website referenced by the newsletter follow-on email to complete mysubscription, got the message "you are already enrolled on this site" or words to that effect. HOWEVER, when I tried to enroll in a group, it tells me that I am not subscribed to the newsletter. Its become a vicious circle. Anybody got any ideas?

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

Welcome to the site - sorry that I can't help you out with your subscription problems. I'm sure someone else will provide the aid you need.

-David

PS - I'm sure that some of the German tribes, had they lived to tell of it, could testify that Caesar was no god, at least not in the moral sense of the word. Certainly an awesome leader, though.

jmason52
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Greetings

Post by jmason52 »

NM all. Figured it out

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Welcome to Textkit!

Andrus
Textkit Member

Post by Andrus »

Welcome to Textkit Jmason52.

I have read (more then one time) the “First man of Rome? series and love those books. I also think that the series are a little to much in favor Caesar, but the HBO show is way to anti Caesar.

If you are only interested in military history I don’t know if Textkit will have much information for you, as this site is more for learning Latin and ancient Greek.

As someone who also loves history and military history I will gladly discuss any matter related with that, although I’m very far of being an expert.

Best regards,

Andrus

Deudeditus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Deudeditus »

welcome!