Greetings!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
sundoulos
Textkit Neophyte

Greetings!

Post by sundoulos »

I found this site yesterday and it is just what I am looking for. I have only a rudimentary knowledge of Latin (a little vocabulary, sayings). I have wanted to study Latin for many years but had not previously found suitable resources.

As for Greek -- I studied Koine Greek back in the seventies. I need to refresh that and gain a better understanding of the language.

So here goes....!

Btw, I am 60 years old, male, a native New Yorker transplanted to the West, and believe studying new things keeps Alzheimer's at bay.

William
Textkit Fan

Post by William »

Welcome, Sundoulos! I'm sure memorizing paradigms is helpful in keeping the mind sharp. Sixty ain't old at all!

All the best,
WB

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

Hi Sundoulos and welcome to Textkit. I am also one of the more "vintage" members (like a good wine, we improve with age!). It certainly does keep the brain cells active - now if I could just motivate myself to get the rest of my body in such good shape!!!! :D

nostos
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by nostos »

sundoulos, it's the most natural and effective way to keep the neurons working like they should. Welcome and enjoy your time here at Textkit!

bizzaroSquirrel
Textkit Neophyte

Post by bizzaroSquirrel »

Btw, I am 60 years old, male, a native New Yorker transplanted to the West, and believe studying new things keeps Alzheimer's at bay.
Heh, this made me laugh.
I'm 23, male, just finished university, and need something to keep my brain dying due to all the daytime tv.

Welcome :D

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Welcome to Textkit!

My husand's cousin believes that working with the hands also stimulates the brain abd prevents Alzheimers.

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

I think it's fabulous that you're starting up a study regimen in Latin now! Best luck in your endeavor - it don't come easy, as they say, but it's such a reward to read classic texts in their original languages.

I glance at the Latin board with some regularity and will be glad to address any questions that may arise. Ask away!

Vale,

David

vir litterarum
Textkit Zealot

Post by vir litterarum »

Congratulations in starting Latin. If you have already taken Greek, you will find Latin much easier. I am sure your studies will be successful, and ,in learning Latin, you will open the door to reading some of the greatest poetry ever produced by mankind.

Fors Bona!

sundoulos
Textkit Neophyte

Post by sundoulos »

Thanks for all your good words. I didn't realize how many antiques -- I mean, senior citizens -- engage in expanding their minds. I guess I am in good company.