Jamiroquai???...

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Do you know who Jamiroquai is??

Yes
27%
Yes, but I wish I didn't
23%
No
41%
Does this have anything to do with Das Inverse Law??
9%

Total votes: 22

Kopio
Global Moderator

Jamiroquai???...

Post by Kopio »

Ok.....I love this band. Absolutely crazy about it. Only thing is....stateside they don't appear to have much of a following (ravers aside). What I want to know is.......do any of you like Jamiroquai? I have heard that he is quite big among the Brits. That Jason Kay (lead singer) is quite the tabloid superstar, and he is on the level that Brad and Angela, and Jennifer are here in America....Is that true? How about it Epi?? Is this one of the albums you waited around for only to be dissapointed (I'm guessing no, but I thought I'd ask).

I'm such a fan, that I bought the UK Import for $30.00, because I'd have to wait another several weeks before it's US release (it did come with one extra song that the US release doesn't have), I've never done that before. How about other places. I know there are a large number of European and Australian members here at Textkit....any of you like these guys? Just curious if this guy has impressed anyone musically as much as he has me.

chad
Textkit Zealot

Post by chad »

He was big here in Aus a few years ago when his album came out. I think most people who listen to music here would know who he is.

btw from the other direction, I doubt many people in Australia have heard of Dave Matthews, who was really big in the US at least a few years ago when I was living in college; all the guys from the US sat around in the quads playing him on acoustic guitar trying to look smooth and pick up (lived in a co-ed college), but no-one what they were singing until we heard their albums which they brought over :)

Bardo de Saldo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Bardo de Saldo »

I don't watch TV, listen to the radio or hang out with kids, so for me David Bowie is the epitome of modernity. :oops:

I live across the river from you, Kopio, so if you're ever raising a barn or slapping together some duo-by-tetras, just give me a holler.

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Bardo de Saldo wrote:I don't watch TV, listen to the radio or hang out with kids, so for me David Bowie is the epitome of modernity. :oops:
Bowie is nothing to be embarrased by....I've got his greatest hits in my truck right now....good stuff.
Bardo de Saldo wrote:I live across the river from you, Kopio, so if you're ever raising a barn or slapping together some duo-by-tetras, just give me a holler.
You don't say??? Wow, we should meet for coffee sometime or something, I've always wanted to hang with anoither Textkitter. Lemme know if you'd like to (PM me maybe), and we could do coffee.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Is it that guy with the hat who spins about a lot? I know who this artist be of course. Every one in the U.K. does.

However, I am afraid that my preferred artist is Jojo. 8)

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Episcopus wrote:Is it that guy with the hat who spins about a lot?
Yeah, he's the guy with the crazy hat. I didn't think you'd really be into him. :D

Alundis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Alundis »

I only know one of their songs, Virtual Insanity. I would say that I like it.

GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Post by GlottalGreekGeek »

Even though I am a teenager, I go to a school where the most popular music bands/people are (no paticular order) The Doors, David Bowie, Bob Marley, The Beatles, Miles Davis etc, so I don't know too much about really recent music. I think it's because we're the kids of baby boomers - it's easier to just listien to the music our parents like than to sort through the stuff just coming out in music stores for something we might like.

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

I have heard of Jamiroquai, but never got very excited about them.

I've long been a fan of David Bowie. I have more than once cruelly fantasized about posting Bowie lyrics for a translation challenge.

One band I recently discovered which is evidently huge HUGE! everywhere but the US of A is Placebo. I gather they lead a charmed life. They got to play at Bowie's 50th birthday concert.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

Episcopus wrote:However, I am afraid that my preferred artist is Jojo. 8)
She's my kids' favorite, too -- but perhaps she's a different Jojo.

Bardo de Saldo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Bardo de Saldo »

Most definitely, Kopio! How about Sunday after church? I don't go to church, so it would have to be at yours. I'll be wearing my straw cowboy hat, and if I see many guys with cowboy hats I'll start whistleling España Cañí (the famous pasodoble torero that you guys play at football games). Do you want to send me the address and time? (By PM, if you want.)

Have you seen the movie The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou? That guy from Brasil who sings Bowie songs in Portuguese rocks!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

edonnelly wrote:[
She's my kids' favorite, too -- but perhaps she's a different Jojo.
Yes edonnelly they are very different :) I prefer the human Jojo! Just look at those gold sparklies in her hair! Yummy like beaver secretion!

http://www.jojoonline.com/main.html

Bardo de Saldo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Bardo de Saldo »

Kopio, my post didn't make clear that I would be waiting outside the church. I wasn't about to stroll through the aisles whistling while the Fat Lady sang! Of course, we could meet anywhere else.

I feel like a teenager before his first date! :oops:

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Bardo de Saldo wrote:Kopio, my post didn't make clear that I would be waiting outside the church. I wasn't about to stroll through the aisles whistling while the Fat Lady sang! Of course, we could meet anywhere else.

I feel like a teenager before his first date! :oops:
Ahh Bardo......don't worry, the walls wouldn't collapse when if you walked into a church....at least they didn't when I walked in, and the odds are I've been a much naughtier boy than you :?

Sunday (today) isn't good for me....my grandson spent the night last night, and we are going out for a BBQ after church later this afternoon. However, the next two weeks I am working early, so an early evening get together on just about any day (except monday) would work well......I'll PM you the details