yo yo yo whiteoctave's mother on TV!!!!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

yo yo yo whiteoctave's mother on TV!!!!

Post by Episcopus »

cweb255
Textkit Fan

Post by cweb255 »

:lol: I seriously can't believe we have people that dumb... :roll:

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

How did she get through the first part where they have to answer the quick questions?
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

cweb255
Textkit Fan

Post by cweb255 »

Loki helped her out. It was all his demented plan.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

I seriously can't believe we have people that dumb...
ah well... I can... she probably read too many Pratchett books and now believes the earth is carried through space on the back of four elephants on the back of a space turtle and that the moon is tiny and orbits the discworld... that or she belongs to the extreme philosophical school of 'what I see it true - and I can see the moon, it's that tiny blob in the sky - the huge elephant standing right in front of me at London Zoo is huge though!' :P :roll:
sometimes the first quick questions are really easy though, like 'start by listing the smallest size first and the largest last - M; S; L; XL

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

cweb255 wrote::lol: I seriously can't believe we have people that dumb... :roll:
I seriously can't believe we have people dumb enough to watch a TV show like this!!! I guess that's why the contestants are so dumb - so the audience doesn't feel inferior.
Hands up all those totally sick of Lowest Common Denominator television. Hello TV production world - some of us might even be smarter than our goldfish!

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Carola wrote:
cweb255 wrote::lol: I seriously can't believe we have people that dumb... :roll:
I seriously can't believe we have people dumb enough to watch a TV show like this!!! I guess that's why the contestants are so dumb - so the audience doesn't feel inferior.
Hands up all those totally sick of Lowest Common Denominator television. Hello TV production world - some of us might even be smarter than our goldfish!
You don't like 'who wants to be a millionaire'?
I quite like it and used to watch it quite often - better than watching a TV programme about 10 celebrities with an IQ totalling 10 spend a month in a castle/jungle/lonely island/alpine village with nothing better to do that bitch about others, have sex with each other, cause 'scandals' and so on. Lol, who wants to be a millionaire is one of the few programmes where knowledge is still rewarded.

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

There was a celebrity edition of Who Wants to be a Millionaire here, several years ago, in which a TV personality (who thinks he's some sort of genius) took part.

He was asked the question, "Who was America's first president?" He took the option "Abraham Lincoln". :o The questioner had to repeat the options again, this time stressing "GEORGE WASHINGTON". :P

So anyway, he eventually went quite cheaply, when asked which timezone he lived in. :lol:

Kerastes
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Kerastes »

Carola wrote:I seriously can't believe we have people dumb enough to watch a TV show like this!!! I guess that's why the contestants are so dumb - so the audience doesn't feel inferior.
I think it's the other way around. Apparently most people like to feel superior, so the only way is to get really dumb contestants. And speaking of stupid people, I'm an American — don't even get me started on politics!
Hands up all those totally sick of Lowest Common Denominator television.
Here here! Last year I gave away my TV.

Kerastes

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Emma_85 wrote: ... better than watching a TV programme about 10 celebrities with an IQ totalling 10 spend a month in a castle/jungle/lonely island/alpine village with nothing better to do that bitch about others
Says the horse rider obsessed with a good looking actor...

Were you here I would beat you with whiteoctave's mother's handbag yo yo yo whiteoctaves mor är inte dum vad säger ni

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Johnny Depp’s films are good! :evil: Say something else and I'll tell the CIA that you're planning to send the president an exploding bouncy ball and then you'll send you to Cuba and keep you there for a few years!

Anyway, in 9 day I will no longer have a TV either - not that I watch much TV anyway. :roll: (but I'll hopefully have a laptop with a DVD drive so that I can watch my Johnny Depp films :P )

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

[quote="Emma_85]
I quite like it and used to watch it quite often - better than watching a TV programme about 10 celebrities with an IQ totalling 10 spend a month in a castle/jungle/lonely island/alpine village with nothing better to do that bitch about others, have sex with each other, cause 'scandals' and so on. Lol, who wants to be a millionaire is one of the few programmes where knowledge is still rewarded.[/quote]

Arrgghhh - Emma - do you think I really watch "reality TV" shows? (Or Unreality TV?) This type of show is just what I am talking about, but I am afraid most game shows are just as stupid. There are some great dramas (and even light entertainment) produced - often by BBC - with fantastic acting, sets etc. Also many fine documentaries made, often by USA public broadcasting. What about the great series on jazz, shown about a year ago? What gripes me is that most TV is produced to cater for the dumbest audience. (And I hate to be insulting but most US TV except PB seems to be like this, or maybe it's just what is shown world-wide).
TV could be so wonderful, but it isn't. I have more cable channels than I could need, and 99% of what is shown is CRAP!!!

chad
Textkit Zealot

Post by chad »

hi, i like trash tv, i also like johnny depp movies and so does my girlfriend :) the 9th gate is my favourite. i don't like "who wants... millionaire" though, it takes 25 minutes and 3 ad breaks to get through each question. and who can possibly deny that watching toothless lowlives has always--from gladiatorial games to jerry springer today--satisfied a deep and noble need in our souls? :) :)

Parthenophilus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Parthenophilus »

Surely it depends on how far away the elephant is.

MyIlium
Textkit Neophyte

Post by MyIlium »

Parthenophilus wrote:Surely it depends on how far away the elephant is.
Indeed. Or if it is really one of the bearers of Discworld. :)

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Emma_85 wrote:Anyway, in 9 day I will no longer have a TV either - not that I watch much TV anyway. :roll: (but I'll hopefully have a laptop with a DVD drive so that I can watch my Johnny Depp films :P )

I finally picked up Pirates of the Caribbean on DVD. What a fun movie! I was impressed with the extras... like the making-of. They sure had a lot of fun filming...

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

What the truck

Post by Episcopus »

This thread is about whiteoctave's mother who thinks and elephant to be more magnitudinous than the moon. Not Pirates.

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

I saw "Finding Neverland" over the weekend, and was impressed by Mr. Depp's performance.

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless »

Hahaha. How is Johny Depp ends up being a discussion in a classics forum? This is not the first time. Although I am a fan of him myself, I think there needs to be a Johnny Depp ban, but then again, sometimes Amelie gets mentioned too... but she is low key! :P Charismatic celebrity avatars are evil and I think Episocopus's Pete and Pete avatar has caused less trouble than Emma's avataric Deppism.

Oh yeah, I'm curious about whiteoctave's absence in all this. If whiteoctave is your son, Episcopus, that makes her your wife. :D

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Johnny Depp sucks! I did like him as the crazy guy with the Mississippi accent in Secret Window though. Edward Scissorhands is a classic, but he still sucks I am afraid.
Last edited by benissimus on Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Carola wrote:[quote="Emma_85]
I quite like it and used to watch it quite often - better than watching a TV programme about 10 celebrities with an IQ totalling 10 spend a month in a castle/jungle/lonely island/alpine village with nothing better to do that bitch about others, have sex with each other, cause 'scandals' and so on. Lol, who wants to be a millionaire is one of the few programmes where knowledge is still rewarded.
Arrgghhh - Emma - do you think I really watch "reality TV" shows? (Or Unreality TV?) This type of show is just what I am talking about, but I am afraid most game shows are just as stupid. There are some great dramas (and even light entertainment) produced - often by BBC - with fantastic acting, sets etc. Also many fine documentaries made, often by USA public broadcasting. What about the great series on jazz, shown about a year ago? What gripes me is that most TV is produced to cater for the dumbest audience. (And I hate to be insulting but most US TV except PB seems to be like this, or maybe it's just what is shown world-wide).
TV could be so wonderful, but it isn't. I have more cable channels than I could need, and 99% of what is shown is CRAP!!!
[/quote]

I'll give you three of the culture channels I receive plus 1 drama, 2 nature ones and 5 news channels? But not Arte (a French/Germany shared culture channel), I like that one too much :lol:
Every Germany federal state has it's own public broadcasting system so there are a lot of public channels to choose from, plus the 10 or so normal public channels - of those the only one I like is Arte and the documentaries on ZDF aren't bad sometimes. Obviously you have crap TV in Australia though :cry: .

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

benissimus wrote:Johnny Depp sucks! I did like him as the crazy guy with the Mississippi accent in Rear Window though. Edward Scissorhands is a classic, but he still sucks I am afraid.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Be careful what you say... I know someone who knows where you live! :lol:
Anyway, you are clearly outvoted - nearlly everyone else here thinks he's a great actor! Oh yeah... I forgot, not allowed to mention JOHNNY DEPP in Episcopus thread - so sorry to have mentioned him... :P

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

Actually, having seen him so often as Emma's avatar, I think I would be most disappointed if I ever met her and found out that she looks nothing like him.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Well a
themselves.
Last edited by Episcopus on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

argh... same post twice... am I supposed to reply here too? Oh well... can't be bothered, go to the academy...

and bingley... this is what I really look like:

Yhevhe
Textkit Fan

Post by Yhevhe »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Now I´m confused... :?

Now I have to reset my mind and imagine all those post of yours said by that face and the correct voice for that face instead of Do-Not-Mention-His-Name's face and voice.

This is a clear example of the power of the forum avatars. Episcopus knew that, so he fought for his avatar. :wink:

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Hahaha, so you think that Episcopus speaks like a girl! :lol: 8)

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless »

This has gotten out of hand. :lol: I think I'm going to be avatarless for a while.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

aww I liked Amélie :(