Your resident bishop's long-lost avatar

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Does Episcopus merit avatar priveliges?

Yes
0%
No
100%
I don't know, but whiteoctave does
0%

Total votes: 16777237

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Your resident bishop's long-lost avatar

Post by Episcopus »

As you have probably guessed I am enduring currently some harsh times. I ask that you have sympathy for me and consider the ereption of my avatar long ago!

[edited by admin due to poor language]

The purpose of this is to describe arbitrary iniuries to the bishop and I believe that this should stop, starting with my avatar rights back! What do you wise classicists think? Obviously the decision is left to the higher powers of this wonderful BEST ON THE WHOLE WORLD WIDE WEB FORUM but I am just you know testing....... :) I know that I delight you with my avatars which change monthly of course to remain fresh unless I deem it appropriate to be kept.

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

I voted yes, but with the caveat that your first avatar should be a picture of your vast collection of bouncy balls. :P

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

if you win this poll, i promise I'll give you back avatar privs. I voted no because I still remember some of your avatars :(

Perhaps you're older and wiser now?? :?: BTW, option 3 was clever :wink:

jeff
Textkit Founder

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

oh, NOOOO :wink: , the 'yes's are winning!
Textkit Founder

Kasper
Textkit Zealot

Post by Kasper »

I had to vote yes so that we can:
a) be amused by new avatar of the bishop :wink: ; and
b) be more amused when you take it away from him again. :lol:
“Cum ego verbo utar,” Humpty Dumpty dixit voce contempta, “indicat illud quod optem – nec plus nec minus.”
“Est tamen rogatio” dixit Alice, “an efficere verba tot res indicare possis.”
“Rogatio est, “Humpty Dumpty responsit, “quae fiat magister – id cunctum est.”

Geoff
Textkit Fan

Post by Geoff »

I had to vote no. I wanted to vote yes until I read the post. Too many obsceneities.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Geoff wrote:I had to vote no. I wanted to vote yes until I read the post. Too many obsceneities.
I just saw that too :evil: Epi, you never stop amazing me how much fun you like to have here. You start a poll asking for more privs and in the thread you talk like a sailor.

I like to have fun too, check the poll results now :twisted:
Textkit Founder

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

jeff wrote:if you win this poll, i promise I'll give you back avatar privs.
Before this poll was stacked, the 'yes' vote was winning.

Therefore, 'yes' wins by default. :)

:twisted: Avatars for all!!!

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

yes, he was winning. But after reading Epi's bad language in the thread I decided my vote is worth A LOT.
Textkit Founder

chad
Textkit Zealot

Post by chad »

i don't know much about politics but, generally, i thought that if you want to rig a popular vote, it'd be better to delete the "yes" votes than increase the "no" opposition votes, to avoid martyrdom

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

jeff wrote:yes, he was winning.
"Was winning", No... A case such as this calls for the use of the equivalent to the aorist tense. "He did win" would be more accurate.

Kasper
Textkit Zealot

Post by Kasper »

Another democratic election foiled by a ruthless dictator!
“Cum ego verbo utar,” Humpty Dumpty dixit voce contempta, “indicat illud quod optem – nec plus nec minus.”
“Est tamen rogatio” dixit Alice, “an efficere verba tot res indicare possis.”
“Rogatio est, “Humpty Dumpty responsit, “quae fiat magister – id cunctum est.”

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I'm not sure if my reputation will ever completely heal from his last avatar :( Whatever the case, whiteoctave surely deserves an avatar if he wishes one (and indeed he has one!).
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Eureka wrote:
jeff wrote:yes, he was winning.
"Was winning", No... A case such as this calls for the use of the equivalent to the aorist tense. "He did win" would be more accurate.
If you want precision, then it's "he lost" due to Epi's bad language yet again. Did you read what he said before I had to edit that? Language like that is exactly why Epi lost his avatar privs long ago.

I received smut complaints about Epi's avatars in the past, he'll have to prove that he's turned a corner before that comes back.
Textkit Founder

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

chad wrote:i don't know much about politics but, generally, i thought that if you want to rig a popular vote, it'd be better to delete the "yes" votes than increase the "no" opposition votes, to avoid martyrdom
ooh, i missed out on even more fun there. I should have changed the text option on the yes to something amusing.

Still, I think my 2 billlion no votes says loud and clear how I feel about his avatar coming back after reading his post.
Textkit Founder

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Epi....I offer you my avatar for a week. Of course you know it can't be anything , but I will proudly wear an avatar of your choosing for 1 week. Send me a jpg, you have my e-mail.

Small Discaimer....this in no way is meant to slight the wonderful people of textkit in any manner, I'm just merely trying to give Epi a little love.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Kopio wrote:Epi....I offer you my avatar for a week. Of course you know it can't be anything , but I will proudly wear an avatar of your choosing for 1 week. Send me a jpg, you have my e-mail.

Small Discaimer....this in no way is meant to slight the wonderful people of textkit in any manner, I'm just merely trying to give Epi a little love.
that's cool, and very nice of you, just make sure the image isn't of a lady in a g-string :wink: :lol:
Textkit Founder

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: Your resident bishop's long-lost avatar

Post by mariek »

I just got to this discussion and looked at the poll results... :lol:
I'm glad I missed out on the colorful message and the avatar that started it all.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

What's that? Two dictators in 1 day? I was but quoting that which a father of a girl said of me. I also used stars - so **** can easily be "ohms". And f (x) is merely a function there is no need to go all hyperbolic coshEpix. cosh tansh sinsh Epischut up you person who censors naughty words! Indeed I do not approve of the profanity hurled in my direction, but it happened. It was but a mere example of the asperity I face nowadays. And I never even had a picture of lady in a g string. Why would I do that it is so unoriginal and puerile. Mine was the legendary gif on which I even apologised (SORRY 2004). It was even an animated apology! I can't believe I lost this function of xing poll! poo. Am I allowed to say this word?

viewtopic.php?t=3447
Notice how I unlike another person CENSOR myself.

I am off to show my lats to my female swedish "pen" friend called melanie. Vous devriez en avoir honte quissetis enim aeque videre.

I am not going to be all proud here and say, ooh but I don't feel that it would be the same. I NEED avatar be that for a week and will gladly accept your kind offer. Thanks Kopio :)

Also, Geoff, no one else had a problem. I censored my post. There was little wrong with it. Not every one aims to be verbally purest in order to remain devout. Being a good christian comes from helping others and doing good deeds rather than being appalled at certain expressions which are in effect positive as people are entertained. They are just words. Loving thy neighbour is what counts. ooh i just hit a granny with a transparent bouncy ball. those rare pokémon. Rap music has bad language in it but much helps people remain positive and determined. Look mate, I am a bishop. Any time I wish I can RUN your diocese remember dat.

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

As a tribute to Episcopus, I thought I'd post a couple of emails my brother sent to me today, because they are Episcopal in nature. I've removed any heretical words through the use of [snip].

"If I wasn't so fat I wouldn't be fat. This is a very important point in your line of research. I read recently in an article of indisputable lewdness; that professor Mung saluted to your disgrace. This, so shortly after the revelation that you are a pineapple means that your are currently on top of the world. And by the way, I really, really hate Elvis. I need to kill him. He smells like pink walnuts. Don't you dare follow that vile path with those clothes on. Change. The clothes I mean. No, not your hair. Stop that. You'll be sorry in the morning. oh well, It'll grow back I guess. And the trees will flower and all is [snip]. Quarto notebooks. Quarto notebooks. Quarto notebooks. Understand? Under->Stand? Under stand? Under the stand?? Under the [snip] stand? Under the [snip] Blank? Kill the [snip] Blank? Kill the [snip] Blank."

and then there was this one...

"Blank, Blank, Blank. Not good enough.... I am not impressed in the slightest at your rude, abhorrent behaviour. Some of my colleagues go so far as to suggest that I want to eat bacon. To this I say; " Yes you are the stupid pig we all took your for." So you (I quote) "LOOK OUT!" for that, person shaped with a shoe horn. Ahhhh, the smell of battle, nothing quite like the feeling of it. The closest one comes to it is a stiff melon of indistinguishable origin. So HELL to all and to all a good night."

Is it possible to write something entertaining, without running the risk of offending somebody? I think not.

Aurelia
Textkit Fan

Post by Aurelia »

Episcope, why can I not get the image of the Puss in Boots from Shrek 2 out of my mind when I read your posts? :lol:

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

As a compromise, could not the software be tweaked a little so that Episcopus can have an avatar but has to submit it through Jeff or another responsible adult to make sure others' sensibilities are protected?

Geoff
Textkit Fan

Post by Geoff »

Perhaps a test and contest. Any textkit member could submit an avatar representing Epi's character and he would be required to use it for one month. Jeff could moderate the contest either selecting from the submissions or holding a vote. After the month the members could vote again based upon his reactions to the given avatar.

Either way it could be fun.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Why don't you guys just amputate my wang while you're at it?

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

Aurelia wrote:Episcope, why can I not get the image of the Puss in Boots from Shrek 2 out of my mind when I read your posts? :lol:
I tend to think he's Bender from Futurama.

Case in point:
Episcopus wrote:Why don't you guys just amputate my wang while you're at it?

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

The Official Episcopus Avatar is up and on my account name in his honor.

He's reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy sorry (hence the avatar) and would like nothing more than a chance at redemtion.

Doesn't everybody deserve a second chance??

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

awww can you feel the love thanks Matt :wink:

indeed I am sorry, re: horse picture!

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Yes!!! Epi has his avatar back....which means I can have my avatar back too!!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

You should feel honoured to have the single of the best song ever SORRY 2004 as avatar!

And none of you know how I got my avatar back :twisted:

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Episcopus wrote:And none of you know how I got my avatar back :twisted:
Well... are you going to enlighten us or not?

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Emma_85 wrote:
You got it back because I had either a moment of compassion or stupidity...we'll see which one it was. :wink:
Textkit Founder

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

jeff wrote:
Emma_85 wrote:
You got it back because I had either a moment of compassion or stupidity...we'll see which one it was. :wink:
Ahhh... I see...
:lol:

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Jeff finally listened to Ruben Studdard's SORRY 2004 and recognised that I ain't gonna mess up no more.