what an ordeal

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
klewlis
Global Moderator

what an ordeal

Post by klewlis »

ok if you don't want to hear a shoe shopping story stop reading now.

christmas season is upon us, which means christmas banquets, dinners, etc. I have two particular dresses which I plan to wear this year. The problem is that they are both blue and my only dress shoes are black. *sigh*

So today I went out looking for some navy dress shoes. You'd think I was asking for something outrageous. NOBODY had any. I take that back, Shoe Company had some for $70 which is far more than I want to pay for something I'll wear once a year. I live in freaking edmonton; our number one pastime is shopping. And I could not find my shoes anywhere. I went to four different malls, all of which had numerous shoe stores. I wasted my entire afternoon looking for shoes (and I'm not the kind of girl who normally does such a thing) and nearly drove myself insane in the process.

Anyway, I finally found some cute navy dress shoes for only $20 and came home. And I just wanted to share that ordeal with you all. lol

So much for getting anything useful done today.... :)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

My other half was trying to find a pair of jeans but she could not find any pair of jeans in the whole jean shop! She said "I can't find any jeans!" I said "Look they are jeans there!" and she said "No but they are ugly jeans!" I said "But what about the jeans you're wearing right now they are nice!" but she said "They don't have them here!" and she added "But I bought them from here!" and I said "Why didn't you buy two of them!" Then she exclaimed "I can't find any jeans!" because she couldn't find any jeans! So we came out of the jeans shop and I was so annoyed that I made fun of the jeans shop owner who had a long beard. Yes because I was so annoyed, that we could not find jeans.
Then I just you know flipped. Just flipped you know I did. Flipped like a pancake. We had wasted an entire 3 minutes in that shop so I grabbed a jeans rack with my pectoral tricep and posteriore deltoid stabilizer potesty lifted the jeans rack into the air and said urrgh my girl wants jeans she will get jeans. Then I threw the bloody jeans rack at the man with the beard, an ambulance arrived later, and an old woman was probably jeansed to death I don't care who knows. Well she bellowed at me brandishing her umbrella "RACIST!" so I bloody well did jeans her in the face. Zum Schluß, amidst all the pandemonium, she bent down and found her ideal pair of jeans. We strolled out of the shop and went into the park. What an ordeal!

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

lol

see, if you had been around while I was looking for shoes, I might have found them that much more quickly!
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: what an ordeal

Post by mariek »

Glad you eventually found your shoes. It's amazing how you can look at a gazillion shoes and not find that perfect pair. Been there too many times...

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Oh, I know just what you mean Klewlis, I hate shopping for shoes. I've been wearing my current sport shoes for 5 years or so cause I hate shoe shopping so much. But a few weeks ago I had to by a new pair cause I'd walked a hole in my old shoes... in the end I found shoe-repairer in one of the Mannheim's side streets and had him fit new soles hehehe, had to buy a cheap pair of summer shoes anyway though, cause walking round Mannheim barefoot in winter is not really fun. So after hours and hours of searching for new shoes .... I'm still wearing my old ones :P .

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Lieber Gott! What some ordeals eh!

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by ingrid70 »

Hmm, I just sit down on a chair, trying on whatever my husband brings me, and I'm usually ready in a jiffy. Same with clothes shopping, I hide myself in a fitting room, and wait for what he comes up with.

Now buying clothes for him, that takes far longer. And while he used to go to the shoe shop, telling them just to bring another pair of the same shoes he always wears, they don't make his size anymore!

Ingrid

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

well if I had a husband I could get him to do that for me. lol

you are fortunate!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I'm sorry, at the advice of steven, bump; READ MY JEANS STORY

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I still don't understand why you couldn't just wear the black shoes with a blue dress :roll:
Last edited by benissimus on Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I know. I really do not understand females at all. And don't you all pretend to be mysteries! You are all just foolish! Why spend so much time looking for jeans. Guess whither I went yesterday, yes that's right to the jeans shop again and I spent too long waiting for her to change. And the people in the shop were so ugly it was hideous. And she didn't even buy the bloody jeans!
Now afterwards she stops in the middle of a street and says ooh that's a cute dress look at the shiny things I said it's bloody see through! It was like a translucent cloth with a few shiny things on. And females would what spend a load on it. Then all the 'smellies' : bath salts, shower gels, body lotions. Yes I like it that she smells nice for I had heard false rumours to das contrary but this is going too far. Then I wanted to take a needed shortcut to my house but she would not walk over some wet leaves because her shoes would get dirty! I said come on do it for me and she said 'no' x100 -tan225. It was crazy she said she would walk over leaves not even to save her father from death. I am thinking serious mental problems. :? Seriously... I am clearly too good and sane for her, that's what zhi says and he knows all.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

benissimus wrote:I still don't understand why you couldn'tjust wear the black shoes with a blue dress :roll:
lol

cuz you never wear black with navy.

;)

Geoff
Textkit Fan

Post by Geoff »

lol,

My wife said the same thing.

Now I'm curious why Klewliss is still barefoot in her avatar.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

purely to show off the blue toes of course. :)

of course, winter has descended with fury this weekend, so i should have a picture of woolen socks instead. lol

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

klewlis wrote:
benissimus wrote:I still don't understand why you couldn'tjust wear the black shoes with a blue dress :roll:
lol

cuz you never wear black with navy.

;)

See? WHY?!

girls!

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

It's a law. like gravity, or F=ma.
Nobody knows why. It's just like that.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Or, perhaps more aptly, concerning females, the formula for stiffness, Young Modulus: Stress/Strain. where stress = load/circumference; strain = extension/original length.