I didn't know this was still in print

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Turpissimus
Textkit Enthusiast

I didn't know this was still in print

Post by Turpissimus »

D'Ooge

It appears D'Ooge's book is still selling after all these years. I wonder if those who buy it are aware it's available for free?

Amy
Textkit Fan

Post by Amy »

WHOA!
I saw that at borders last month but I didn't open it and had no idea they just used d'ooge! Is that legal?

Turpissimus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Turpissimus »

WHOA!
I saw that at borders last month but I didn't open it and had no idea they just used d'ooge! Is that legal?
'Course it is. D'Ooge's relatives can't sue for infringement of copyright can they? The time limit passed long ago. That's why we're allowed to use his work.

Amy
Textkit Fan

Post by Amy »

as you said however textkit does not charge! Not to go all episcopine but the cover doesn't exactly broadcast the great revival of latin grammar's magnum opus, you know, it's almost like theft, the $3 editions of Picture of Dorian Grey are that and not like "A book by this guy named oscar wilde whom you haven't heard of" and what are they stupid putting CAVEAT EMPTOR on their own product? (:lol:)

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

Amy wrote:as you said however textkit does not charge! Not to go all episcopine but the cover doesn't exactly broadcast the great revival of latin grammar's magnum opus, you know, it's almost like theft, the $3 editions of Picture of Dorian Grey are that and not like "A book by this guy named oscar wilde whom you haven't heard of" and what are they stupid putting CAVEAT EMPTOR on their own product? (:lol:)
Amy, please leave the Episcopal dissertations to he that is Episcopus. One bishop is enough in any region, and there’s only so large a market for papal indulgences, which brings us to Dorian Grey. Why not put CAVEAT EMPTOR on their product? The buyer won’t know what it means until after they’ve read the book. They might as well have put POST HOC ERGO PROCTER HOC on the front, or threatened the buyer with some AD HOMINUM type GBH. BTW, where can you buy Oscar Wilde for $3?

Amy
Textkit Fan

Post by Amy »

I was exaggerating, but there was a copy with a bad cover at the chainstore Waldenbooks for $5 american
:( I just meant that there wasn't due credit and things

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I agree with Amy :)

It looks like a cheap crazy modern book and I discarded its existence because it's not very respectful. What is actually in the book? A 'super review' of latin? Do you think D'Ooge really sat down and said, 'hmm...today I will right a SUPER REVIEW'