uhhhhh

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

uhhhhh

Post by Episcopus »

I had to go back to school today and most of it was staring at a wall. I had a sheet of like 100 words of swedish but I had such a headache that I could not read. I chose German but as will be the habit I did not go. In french I taught some girls, advanced level class in this system of 5 years french how to negate a verb. Can I get the uhhhhhhh now? In maths I copied from some one some equation answers and the teacher thought quite impressed that I had worked the mothers out in my head. Such is my reputation. ha. I stared at wall and told some girl to stop her smoking.
I thought this might make an interesting topic as crazy things are not so copious when out of school that I have to create stories and invent some.

More interestingly however and perhaps an explanation behind my character:
A big fat dirty potato in front of the school, on the flo. Talk about uncalled for.
As I was roaming the place I saw it. I flipped it up on my right foot and volleyed it like bleddy Del Piero at the glass entrance doors. The potato smashed booosh on the glass but the double glazing can withstand a potato at whateveryouwish velocity. Nevertheless it was awesome I wish some one had filmed it. You had to take my word for it. See I don't lie about all this saying ooh I breaked the window like. But 2 boys with me were laughing like hell. What a volley. Then...aha! I saw another guess what? No it's not a German book it was a potato. This time I flicked it up and kicked it over the extremely high chimney for it was smaller. My foot still hurt. Then I walked inside that which was supposed to be the library, avoiding the sordid parts on the mucus stained door ( :?: it green and dripping down :?: ) and observed that there was a toilet paper in the middle of the room. I threw it at some one. And you can probably guess the rest. You americans have a verb called TP don't you? It wasn't I however it was the nuts. Though I did watch and laugh. Others had odd fire-stones that lit up when flicked against eachother, they lit some paper it was amazing. Indeed where was a teacher, the answer is occupied somewhere. Then my friend a nut had on his phone the great track Lean Back whose lyrics I sent to whiteoctave (sorry about that mate I was in da riddim) and we beed just bumping it in the library.

It really sucks but I can't say that it does not amuse me. No one learns! I've given up trying to insult, the irony very funny. If there ever be anything that I have learned thence is why exert oneself for the sake of learning when you can laugh. I was saying leaning back on the chair to a girl next to me why are you writing what if you die tomorrow you will not have been laughing. Perhaps I was just too tired.

Aurelia
Textkit Fan

Post by Aurelia »

Get over yourself Episcopus, I was going to come back when I had the chance to and apologize for hijacking the thread, that was totally selfish of me.
Last edited by Aurelia on Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

quod ceteri vitas, non solum ego, fulgentes vivant multum mihi placet. :roll:
Last edited by benissimus on Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

classicalclarinet
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by classicalclarinet »

Uhhh indeed.

Now 10 Post Meridiem it is and I am typing here instead of doing my homework. My Alg. 2 teacher is one of those kinds that assign a lot of work for RECOMMENDED PRACTICE and grade quizzes for 80% of Grades!! :D
Only wish of mine is having less maths; 50 book questions plus a whole side of INEQUALITIES (you think exponents are evil, Aurelia?) with ABSOLUTE VALUES. Hard it isn't but plainly work.

Plus I should very much practice (my clarinet that is). I have an audition tape due friday and my tongueing is still horrible! yesterday I barely squeaked anything since I wasted my time reading a book about roman culture. :P

AND I wanna go to sleep NOW. They start school in an UNGODLY hour.

Amy
Textkit Fan

Post by Amy »

it's interesting to read about people's lives. I sound like a stalker er

I was so close to making this thread after the first day of latin. My teacher is wonderful but we do like six lines of altered reading a night...!??! And we read translations of those lines out loud the next day and are graded and "cum mecum cogitarem" --> "When I think by myself" = "completely correct" despite tense change unless I'm wrong again. As it turns out I never had to take the final since I seem so "precocious" ie nerdy hoho, yay but I sort of wanted to. I can't understand since the "I am a living lexicon" aura permeates the room but he lets the tense go...grammar is tough love..., still I'm always so happy when "LATIN'S NEXT"! I sit next to another sophomore who writes out the translations double spaced on notebook paper and she's a very nice girl but a bit boring and since I'm la niceroo to everyone she sits with us at lunch and it's awkward since our friends are different, not that I'm not one of those doublespacing people cause I really am. I'm also regretting taking honors geometry because the only reason I took it was so I'd have friends in my class which I do except my teacher has ADD and it's hard. The other day he made a flow chart and since there wasn't enough room he had to change the direction it flowed in which really set me off for whatever reason, I honestly couldn't stop laughing for 2 or 3 minutes and i'm glad I made that first impression. Procrastination is anyway like xtreme wildfire so my sleep schedule is off. I just woke up well rested at 1:30 AM. if I can't say it in Latin I probably shouldn't be awake during it hohoho! I'm glad for my English class since my teacher's IQ > IQ of mayonnaise unlike last year - we had to do a report on "how this character exhibits TEMPERENTCE" I quote directly. It wasn't a typo, she wrote it on the board in three different places with a definition. Stalk me
Last edited by Amy on Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

classicalclarinet
Textkit Enthusiast

Be gladful you GET Latin! At least that is my opinion.

Aurelia
Textkit Fan

Post by Aurelia »

classicalclarinet, we just finished inequalities and absolute values. I guess I'm warming up to them.
try (2x^2y^6/xy^4)^-8 with no negative exponents in the answer (congrats if you can solve it)
ummm...yeah, I'd take inequalities and absolute values anyday.

My Latin class is really funny, Magister alawys makes up the silliest puns and we get into the weirdest conversations (like today, we were talking about people who cut up kedaveres for med school students and butter burgers, mmm, tasty!). :lol: He told us to be at least 2 days ahead in our work so basically one chapter of Caesar a night. :roll: I wish I had enough guts to volunteer to read.

Oh yeah!! I got my ticket for the Flogging Molly concert in October!!!
ROCK ON!!!

Dacicus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dacicus »

try (2x^2y^6/xy^4)^-8 with no negative exponents in the answer
The thing to remember about negative exponents is that they just flip the fraction. It's really easy if you think of it that way.

My days at school aren't too sad/frustrating/tiring, so I can't really say anything else.

Aurelia
Textkit Fan

Post by Aurelia »

I know, I get those kind of problems now. I really do love math, I just had to vent because I still had to warm up to them.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

No wait. I had deleted another message, but no. It has to come. You ruined the potato thread. Just because I volleyed a large potato eminus against a door this does not mean that people want to hear ooh I soo like love Devin ooh he smiled at me oooh like my bridesmaids went to math after I soo like wrote a seriously basic and terrible latin story. No I don't even want to read it. You enim are but the type of person who use unus as an indefinite article. Moreover it's not even worthy of being called a story. I would call it a smattering of latin words but no actual Latin. I am guessing, quite confidently in fact, that my mother who knows directly no latin, could write a better piece. Nobody wants to hear about your crush filled days. Which one is it? You have lust or you keep your innocence. If the latter I hope that your family throw you out for you are a loser. Still they would not since they are probably as hypocritically pious as you. Workings hard in school but annoy me; couple that with your terrametrically terrible tales of Devin your sooo like clique, all being nice girls thus yet more annoying. And cc, she does not GET latin, the class more for the sake of injecting a francium boost to make her soo like popular. Whenever I have helped her or told her anything as yet unbeknown to her she has not really cared. It's a pity that so many latin students are thus in america, annoying, desiring latin for false reasons, hypocritical and lacking in talent. It's no grudge you have just annoyed me since you came here. Go cry and listen to your musical revelations. I hope Flogging Molly die.

classicalclarinet
Textkit Enthusiast

I hope Flogging Molly die.
You asked for it when you started this thread. :P

PS. potatoes are good, much better than yams/ whatever. You cannot kick them.

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

Episcopus wrote:Nobody wants to hear about your crush filled days.
Our Bishop, charming as always.

It seems churlish to pillory people who follow one's own lead.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

annis wrote:Our Bishop, charming as always.

As you know, William. The shepherd doth castrate his own flock.

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

Eureka wrote:As you know, William. The shepherd doth castrate his own flock.
oooOOOooo! A candidate for a verse translation challenge!

I did not know that. Rather, I've never heard that as a proverb before.

But back to our regularly scheduled potato punting.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

annis wrote:I did not know that. Rather, I've never heard that as a proverb before.
After much debate, the council of Nicaea decided to leave that one out.

(Pitty really.)

Aurelia
Textkit Fan

Post by Aurelia »

Get over yourself Episcopus, I was going to come back when I had the chance to and apologize for hijacking the thread, that was very selfish of me.
as I edited my post earlier in the thread.

I would also I am not "sooo like popular" I am the shy, antisocial loner that hates people (I can give a perfect example as to why I do). Especially "popular" people...eww.

As for the potatoe incident, haha. :roll:

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Firstly just because you're angry at me don't insult my potato volley. It was not so much punting but volley. Like sideways like Baggio in the old days like.
Evidently you're not appreciating the random status of a potato in front of the supposedly attractive school entrance. Well it did attract me but I am as catullus might say vesanus.

I'm sorry if I offended you although it may appear thus this was not the intention. All of that which you said just annoyed me terribly. Moreover you are but human your devout polite nature has been unmasked in the form of your plots against me. Despite the hypocrisy, which every one bears to a certain extent, I nevertheless find that quite funny. hijack my PM folder agh mommy! Don't be hating on me because there be enough playa haters. Only joking I am nor a player nor a studious, I am not even in the middle. But there be a lot of haters. You have to know me to really class me. ut immo postremum sentias vesanos digeri nequire. here you have to be a certain type of person to be popular, some one to whom the masses can relate. Considering that you can't see a person after 5 years simply negate a verb think of how...er...special that nice popular kid might be. It is seldom that I am ever in school so I don't even fit anywhere, leave it to them. Don't put so much effort into school.

I realise that I am being very hypocritical saying that your stories are terrible not having read them and having recommended that people write them anyway. Still I don't think a rhodium mole of your stories could equal mine. It was planned that that might give you inspiration to write an insanely angry piece which would have been very crazy and demented. Latin is great with tangible inspiration. Well PMable inspiration.

Don't take any offence because you have to realise I talk large amounts of faeces in whatever language. I think it's the hardcore rap since the age of like 9 that has made me insensitive to insulting people. Still every one becomes nervous and offended sometimes. It's nature I suppose you just have to develop resistance thereto by confidence from some part. I don't insult people so heatedly ever, only 2 times before more than that, when I was just trying to be honest. Honesty really hurts some people I've made 2 teachers cry but it makes you stronger in the end. I've had my faire shaire of haters a few have offended me but now it's harder as now I look at everything as truth not denying it. When I want to be I can also be an antisocial loner, nothing wrong with that, if the reasons are well. Nowadays in school even if I stare at walls all day I am still liked because of my crazy jokes and insulting people and degrading atoms. A few people even though they've changed into those 'popular' people i.e. front stupid, they are still the same to me and I've come to accept that. It's quite sad you see, when I am alone with them they are so nice. Hopefully the weakness in character will be temporary. Why do we need 20 girls who are all the same, but that indeed is the case.

What I wonder is why no one has insulted me yet. Come on free shot aurelia.

P.S. And whiteoctave jeff aurelia if you want real music TQ Better Days.
it will give you a revelation.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

You want people to insult you? :roll:

Ok, here I give you the first sentence I learned in Latin and the only one I know off by heart ( :wink: ): Episcopus stultus asinus est! Ha! Take that!

Lame, I know :P .

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

I love it when Episcopus starts a thread.....always such interesting reading. I must say though.....you're setting yourself up for a bit of regret. In hindsight, I wish I would of spent more time learning in school.....becuase what you end up doing, if you are a "learner" by nature, is going back and learning all of the stuff you "stared at the wall" through.

The pototo thing is very funny though.....almost as funny as your joke about the kid named BRICK! I still laugh when I tell that joke!

Keep us entertained, at least that way you're good for something (how's that for an insult?)

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Kopio who was the kid named brick? What was the joke? I honestly don't remember mate. Oh yeah the crazy joke about Aurelia's brother! :idea: Ok that was uncalled for. Didn't mean it. Are you talking about chewit? Do you have chewits over there? (Little horrible chewy sweets, though the blackcurrant ones are ok, the problem is the multipacks with other flavours the blackcurrant ones always go and you're left with the strawberry. That's why I ended my relationship with chewits) I've loads of jokes many of which I made up myself which are slightly er controversial but they are excellent for school. People do everything other than read in the library which is by now normal irony for the place.

I almost forgot whilst I was leaning back in the library laughing at the toilet paper and piece of paper on fire in the corner, I fell off my chair. You know how people get embarrassed when they fall off a chair, I just laugh at myself unless and care more about the pain. Thankfully I was not injured.

I know what you mean about losing the knowledge at school but it's fine with me, I could sit out 50 years of french lessons and still be better even though my french is not actually very good. There are indeed advantages to shockingly poor education.

That insult did actually hurt me :( Well done

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Episcopus wrote:Kopio who was the kid named brick? What was the joke? I honestly don't remember mate.
You told it in the anybody hear any good jokes lately thread....here it is:

Cecilina has triplets. One tugs on her skirt and asks "mommy mommy why did you call me fluff?"
"Because son when you were born some fluff was dropped onto your head" "fair dos"
The second triplet slaps Cecilina's leg and asks "mommy mommy why am I called coin?"
"Because son when you were born a coin was dropped on your head"
"ah ok".
And in the corner the third triplet is jumping about in the corner thwacking his head against the wall "huuuuuh huuuh mwahahehuhhhhhhhh heeeee huhhhh"
"SHUT UP BRICK!!"

it's better in person since the retard noises can be achieved.
Episcopus wrote:I know what you mean about losing the knowledge at school but it's fine with me, I could sit out 50 years of french lessons and still be better even though my french is not actually very good. There are indeed advantages to shockingly poor education.
I understand....I still to this day could care less about math...I only took the classes because I had to, but I have found that as I have grown older (a wizened old man of 32) I am paying lots of money to take classes in things that I slept though in my formative years!
Episcopus wrote:That insult did actually hurt me :( Well done
Good to know I'm good for something! :P

Aurelia
Textkit Fan

Post by Aurelia »

Oh yeah the crazy joke about Aurelia's brother!
My brother? Haha...my brother...what to say, he's a 13-year-old homo-gigalo who is "overly obsessed with his nintendo games." Insulting my brother is most definitely not the way to go if you're trying to insult me. :lol: That brick joke was perfect for describing him.

Episcopus, rather than insult you, I'd like to learn some insult from you (which, in turn, I might use on my gay-wad brother and the preps at my school), you seem to be quite good at it.

Many of your posts are quite funny but they can also hurt people's feelings. Remember, sarcasm is hard to detect in writing, and yes I think that hard-core rap has gone to your head.

I do agree with you on one matter, I can see why that thread annoyed you. After I read it through again, it annoyed me too so I edited it.

I have another thing to say but now is not the time for it.

On another note-I hope to predict that another Latin student that's in my class might be joining us here at textkit soon...

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Don't worry Aurelia I was a bit harsh, frustration from this place I suppose. If you do not wish to insult me then take pleasure in knowing that I have been insulted greatly by benissimus Raya and whiteoctave for they ignore me since long time and the latinists of the three ignore my pleas of love :cry:

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

annis wrote:
It seems churlish to pillory that you know but the √the tongues that I shall know at your age with so little effort my dear dynamis.

Timothy
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Timothy »

Episcopus wrote:It seems churlish to pillory that you know but the √the tongues that I shall know at your age with so little effort my dear dynamis.
Be careful there. Without a significant increase in effort and a marked improvement, you may run out of time before you can move English into the “known” column.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I was going to insult you in return for the attempted diss on your part Tim, but you are indeed so incorrect that your lack of accuracy should amuse me. Where is the sapience and skills of analysis that your many years should have brought? Despite my dislike of english you may not want to see one of the very few pieces written by me for it might make that you have a bad eye.

Timothy
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Timothy »

Episcopus,

This:

"It seems churlish to pillory that you know but the √the tongues that I shall know at your age with so little effort my dear dynamis."

is not an English sentence. Ignoring the stray character, it is an improper sentence.

Boasts of future achievement and skill based upon a demonstrated lack of such skill is somewhat ironic, don't you think? Slightly silly, even?

The fact of the matter is that I don't understand much of what you write because of the way you write English. I'm sorry, but that is the truth. The manner in which you write requires a great deal of editorial effort on the part of reader. Some may find that an easy task but it is still a task. And in some cases, it is simply unintelligible. From previous posts it is unclear that you can write English in any other manner. It won’t do to blame the reader, either. It is the writer’s job to be understood.

Now, you may feel that you know a language because you understand it. If so, we have very different ideas of what it means to "know" a language.

If you have a English piece that you think is well written then. by all means, post it! If it is as good as you claim, I won't be sparing in my praise and will happily alter my opinion.

Lastly, if you felt I was disrespectful to you, I'll paraphrase Harry Truman: I just told you the truth and it felt like disrespect. Don’t mistake fair critique for personal attack.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I took no offence Tim, I was just saying that you should really have percepted that square root line to be a joke. It probably flew past you, I don't blame you it was quite demented. Why has not annis dissed me back. Little arguments are fun. Brighten up the place we do like. Don't be such a pillory!

I will post none of my English for they are mine and do not wish to be such a loser as to take credit for writing in my first language. That is a loser's square root. Also I don't need to write like octave all the time desiring to appear intelligent. English is but an industrial tongue for expressing things with the wide vocabulary that it has (not I) and I use it exclusively for such purposes. If we are being frank here you are a lovely fellow but not he who judge me nor are you sane if you think me to be lacking in english skills. These are but foolish forum posts they don't matter. Also last year I took the top grade in english language and half my compositions were either full of clearly illicit profanity or french or latin or crazy long line long german words or any combination thereof. I talked about germans and pig's blood on motorway press ups throwing a crippled bird against the wall and did I mention press ups, amongst other more repulsive things. :? Actually it was so greatly tinged with 1-hour-sleep and anger and muscle pain and of time due to the fatigue lack that it was one truly great unprecedented piece. Ich want it back. I shall ask. Thanks for reminding me mate.
Last edited by Episcopus on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Timothy
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Timothy »

Well, there's a good thing.

I give you this, (but then it's back to backhanded compliments for at least a month), you have to be one of the most intriguing personalities I've encountered in the last few years.

OK, I think you need to do some push-ups, er, pressups.

I will take a short nap.

;)

tim

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

Episcopus wrote: What I wonder is why no one has insulted me yet.
There was a time some months ago when you thought I had insulted you by teasing you about your Dr D'Ooge fanaticism.....

Kilmeny

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Yeah milito remember dem days when we was sitting on things and smoking trees. So much has changed...

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

Episcopus wrote:Yeah milito remember dem days when we was sitting on things and smoking trees. So much has changed...
.... yes... the trees all burned up....

Kilmeny

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Milito wrote:
Episcopus wrote:Yeah milito remember dem days when we was sitting on things and smoking trees. So much has changed...
.... yes... the trees all burned up....

Kilmeny
:lol: welcome back Milito
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae