YUCK this latin taste terrible

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

YUCK this latin taste terrible

Post by Episcopus » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:18 pm

The first and third options were nice; the latter a serious option for my life. As long as Brandy does not sing her new music. Some nice Almost Doesn�t Count. Time travel happens only in dreams. Some Latin grammar is easy. Truckers are my friends, English ones anyway, one of the best days of my life involved many a trekker. There are no welsh truckers they drive but sheep.

I wish the past whatever it was had been something more than a blur full of free dreams without actions. Well I tried to live my dream and go to France and live there as a camper (I was actually very serious if I can convince you) by a nice stream in Brittany but my passport was expired. That was the last straw. So basically I have just been staring at things. Sorry for worrying you especially Raya you know I don�t do enough daring things to become dead. Great things like running away to a nice lake should not be expected from here, it�s futile, nothing ever happens. No self pity however despite my being quite sad because I have food water peace and shelter something that so many others do not have. �Expanding my vocabulary� or whatever (which I don�t do anyway mwaha) is but a �luxury� or past-time.

I would have written this in Latin but my dictionary is all the way over there and I want every one to hear. My Latin after about 2 months of no reading jack is rusty but would probably nice and rugged with a foret here and there. English is a nice convenient language that, like, everyone sooooooooo should speak.

I know it�s only a forum and people don�t actually care that much, but still some think too much of me. You think I�m really good at latin. That is false. I can�t even read Urbis Viri Romae. I know I have something �special� (that�s what my mommy says) to offer in the form of writing, despite my terrible vocabulary and lack of logic (one year of latin and some other languages after 15 years of absolute stupidity can not help the common sense), but I don�t believe that there is a �market� for this. Homer is the best and that�s it, so any other different people are not permitted to write. Then again I do not have any justification for this because I simply have not read Homer, Cicero etc. and never will. I will never write better than any of those, because their native language is one that is nowadays taught to intermediate level and just left to reading, without a real understanding or instinct for the language. I don�t like speaking French or French people and I pretty much suck at it but when I say something it comes out naturally without any thought, that�s how it should be. Speaking quickly is one step towards being fluent and with fluency one can write with classic thought. My targets of finshing D�Ooge, being able to write latin stories and graffiti have been well reached. I desire nothing more and thus can not do it. One thing I have realised is that reading things and books are far from everything, although they are the world, an escape for some. For example Music. Why can only the nigritudinous sing? (my little bro said that what a man)... I will stop here boring you. Here I renounce, I submit humbly to the tu scis quis crew at Cambridge and I will read the Beano.

Btw nice vocabulary banner I can relate haha (by the way jeff is the rarer independent subjunctive 'taste' jussive as in the baby actually likes the latin but wants it to taste yucky to win the argument with his mother, Mrs. tuscisquis, as to the alleged rancidity thereof?)
Last edited by Episcopus on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Re: YUCK this latin taste terrible

Post by Eureka » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:37 pm

Episcopus wrote:I would have written this in Latin but my dictionary is all the way over there and I want every one to hear.
You could have at least writen it in English, James Joyce. :P
phpbb

Amy
Textkit Fan

Post by Amy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:08 am

...How can you reply to that and keep the same level of the thread, but I'm sorry your passport expired and I enjoyed reading that, it made my lungs feel humid! (effective)
phpbb

Michaelyus
Textkit Fan

Post by Michaelyus » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:23 pm

Episcopus wrote:Time travel happens only in dreams.
I object!!!!!

According to Einstein's special theory of relativity, as speed increases, the rate of time slows. So, taking the very famous example of the two atomic clocks simultaneously started, if one flies in a rocket in an inertial frame of reference, close to the speed of light, it will have counted less time than the other. Less time has passed for that clock than the other, as observed relative to the stationary (relative to the earth) clock. Therefore the moving clock (relative to the earth) will have elapsed less time compared to the other meaning it has time-travelled into the future.

Je ne connais pas le théorie général de rélativité d'Einstein.

Time travel into the past is different. I don't know how to do that.
phpbb

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:55 pm

Aww... sad to hear you didn't make it to France, to camp their by some lake for the rest of your life...
Hehehe, glad to see you post on Textkit again :D , at least we all know you still exist now.
phpbb

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:33 pm

Glad to have you back.....now all you need to do is get out of the funk you're in, and you'll be as good as new :wink:

Barrius
Textkit Member

Post by Barrius » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:35 pm

Episcopus wrote:The first and third options were nice; the latter a serious option for my life. As long as Brandy does not sing her new music. Some nice Almost Doesn’t Count. Time travel happens only in dreams. Some Latin grammar is easy. Truckers are my friends, English ones anyway, one of the best days of my life involved many a trekker. There are no welsh truckers they drive but sheep.
You didn't get knocked over the head did you, or did someone feed you full of drugs? :lol:
I know it’s only a forum and people don’t actually care that much, but still some think too much of me. You think I’m really good at latin. That is false. I can’t even read Urbis Viri Romae. I know I have something ‘special’ (that’s what my mommy says) to offer in the form of writing, despite my terrible vocabulary and lack of logic (one year of latin and some other languages after 15 years of absolute stupidity can not help the common sense), but I don’t believe that there is a ‘market’ for this.
You're light years ahead of me, and much younger to boot. I could care less if I ever speak to anyone in Latin, but I fervently desire to be able to read the classics, even if it takes me 50 years to do so.

Glad to see you back.

eris
Textkit Member

Post by eris » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:16 pm

Barrius wrote:You're light years ahead of me, and much younger to boot. I could care less if I ever speak to anyone in Latin, but I fervently desire to be able to read the classics, even if it takes me 50 years to do so.

Glad to see you back.
I completely agree!

Welcome back, Episcopus!

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:40 pm

So are you going to be posting here regularly again?
nothing ever happens.
I've said this to myself many times lying in bed staring at the ceiling. I can't say that things will be better because I remember hearing that and thought that people are insincere and unrealistic. However, I do notice my life is changing for the better now. I finally found a job after 4 years of unemployment. I never did mind that I'm living with my parents. Actually, that's a lie. I did. I felt like a loser, but then afterwards I just understood that there is no reason to leave my mom because she has been the only loyal woman in my life and the rest suck ass. I feel like I would betray my mother if I ever left her for good. But that doesn't mean that I can't go on an annual vacation for a month or so.

Barrius
Textkit Member

Post by Barrius » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:49 am

1%homeless wrote:I've said this to myself many times lying in bed staring at the ceiling. I can't say that things will be better because I remember hearing that and thought that people are insincere and unrealistic. However, I do notice my life is changing for the better now. I finally found a job after 4 years of unemployment.
Things WILL improve - trust me. My life hasn't been a bed of roses, and I lived with my folks for a while, even so, they still love me.

That was years ago, now I have wife and kids, good job, a great church, friends and a desire to learn Latin.