rescheduling the marathon

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Eureka
Textkit Zealot

rescheduling the marathon

Post by Eureka »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... arathon_dc

It makes sense. It takes a lot, for a grown man to die from running.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

It _would_ make more sense. I've often felt like I could die in August heat just by walking around, let alone running a marathon.

I found the reference at the end hilarious-the original marathon runner died because of the August heat, yadda yadda yadda, The men's marathon will be held Aug. 29 and the women's will be held August 22.

Are they trying for a reenactment or something? :shock:

:P

Jefferson Cicero
Textkit Member

Post by Jefferson Cicero »

I wonder how humid it is in Greece during those times of the year? In Arkansas, humidity makes eighty feel like a hundred, but in South Texas 120 degrees feels a lot more like eighty because of the lack of humidity. If Greece has low humidity in August, then the higher heat would not be as great a factor as it might seem. If it is high, then the original Marathon man accomplished a great act indeed. High humidity and high heat are deadly in combination.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

It would seem to me that it would be quite humid, indeed, being close to the sea; then again, the air often feels drier by the sea, at least around here.

I do agree about the humidity, though; Alabama is also quite humid, and nothing can be more horrid than a hot day with high humidity; "muggy", we call it. :)