Stephen Duffy, The Way to Greek and Xenophon's Anabasis

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Stephen
Textkit Neophyte

Stephen Duffy, The Way to Greek and Xenophon's Anabasis

Post by Stephen »

Last week I came across a used book from the 1950s which is a beginners edition of Anabasis, prepared by Stephen V. Duffy.

He also wrote a Greek language textbook, called "The Way to Greek." I've seen a copy, and it's quite a nice book. I'd like to get a copy for myself, but haven't seen one for sale. Any ideas?

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

If you can't find it on Amazon or eBay, try www.abebooks.com - they're a pretty good online resource for secondhand books from around the world.

To the moderator: I think this thread would do better on the Open Board...

Stephen
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Stephen »

Thanks, but I've already checked Amazon, eBay and Abebooks, and a few other misc. sites. No dice. There may not have been many copies of this book sold, since I think it was developed for the Jesuit High Schools of the NY Province.

If the moderator can move this thread to the Open Board, that's fine with me. Or should I start it again there myself?

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

Let William move the thread. I'm just thinking that more people are likely to see it on the Open Board - hopefully people with more ideas on this than you and I!

I'm afraid that's all I can do - and wish you luck in your search, of course! ;)