hello

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Alundis
Textkit Neophyte

hello

Post by Alundis »

Hello. I took a year of Latin when I was a freshman in high school. Unfortunately, my parents moved after that year to a different state, and the school didn't offer Latin, and I studied Spanish instead. In my first two after high school, I studied a couple other languages, but now that I'm about to graduate, I regret not taking Latin when I had the chance...I transferred to a technical institute, which has no classics department :( So a couple months ago, I decided to make a serious effort to learn on my own. <br /><br />As for my other activities, I should graduate next semester with majors in computer science and mathematics, and I will be applying to graduate school soon for math. My hobbies include Warcraft 3 and action quake ;p

Erica
Textkit Neophyte

Re:hello

Post by Erica »

Salve Alundis<br />I am studying Latin & Greek after several years of other studies and find this site helpful and fun. It is great, because there are so many diverse people on this site learning Classics for different reasons....My University degrees are in Philosophy & Music, and I wandered back to Classics partially through finding this site...Currently I work in a Mathematics department (University of Oregon) during the day and take courses 3/4 time studying Classics at the University. I love hanging out with the Math gang, and wish you luck in your Math studies!<br />Erica