Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Adelheid
Textkit Enthusiast

Introduction

Post by Adelheid » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:33 pm

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself to the Textkit community. I studied Ancient History a long time ago, and am now trying to get back into it.

Part of that is taking up Latin and Greek again. That will be a bit of a struggle, since I haven't done anything with it for, say, 10 years now.

I'm sure I will be back with questions!

Regards,
Adelheid

Barrius
Textkit Member

Post by Barrius » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:22 pm

Salve Adelheid, welcome to Textkit. Make yourself at home.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:23 am

Welcome to Textkit!
Any plans yet on how to revive your Latin and Greek (which books are you planning on using?)
phpbb

Adelheid
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Adelheid » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:03 pm

I planned to first take up the old grammars I used when in high school. For Latin, I then want to see how far I can get with translating Petronius' Cena Trimalchionis (what I actually translated in highschool and would have to be able to do again).
For Greek, it is my ambition to read Homer. I've been carrying the texts of the Iliad and Odyssee with me on my palmtop for almost a year now, time to actually start reading them.

I must admit that my old grammars are quite limited. I found some grammars mentioned on this site. Haven't gotten around to making a choice yet, whether to go for one of those.

Any advice about that would therefore be appreciated.

solitario
Textkit Neophyte

Post by solitario » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:12 pm

Hello Adelheid, and welcome to textkit.
I've used old grammars that I've inherited and am working on Wheelock's right now.
Good luck.
phpbb

Amy
Textkit Fan

Post by Amy » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:55 pm

Hello and welcome! I'm sure everything will come back quickly once you get into it, so good luck.
phpbb