Hi Guys

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Dillman
Textkit Neophyte

Hi Guys

Post by Dillman »

Hey.....I'm just starting to learn latin, its a slow process but im catching on. Anyways i just wanted to say hi to everyone

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

hey there, welcome to textkit!

take your time with the process... I have been ever-so-slowly through Wheelock and it is taking forever to finish, but long-term absorption is good too!

tell us more about yourself.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Dillman
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dillman »

Well i am 19.....in my first year at Mount Allison University and i am very interested in Greek and Roman Mythology. I am goignt o major in either Roman Mythology or Psychology.....it's a toss up really at the moment and besides that there isnt alot to tell.....my msn contact is provided so if you wanna chat feel free.....someday i will have a pic of me (when i get my computer back) so i will add it to my profile when i get a chance.....Anything more you wanna know just ask because i dont really know what else to tell you.

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Hi, there!
This is a great place to get help in learning latin and greek. But it is when you work harder that you get more help. I'm frequenting this place but my study is in a snail's pace. So I have little to ask and thus, little to get help about. It's a shameful case. :( Tho' I bet you'll be working far harder than I do. ;)

A quote from a Sankrit Documents site:

Code: Select all

na chorahaaryaM           It cannot be stolen by thieves,
         na cha raajahaaryaM       Nor can it be taken away by kings.
         na bhraatR^ibhaajyaM      It cannot be divided among brothers
         na cha bhaarakaari |      It does not cause a load on your shoulders.
         vyaye kR^ite              If spent..
         vardhata eva nityam       It indeed always keeps growing.
         vidyaadhanaM              The wealth of knowledge..
         sarvadhanapradhaanaM ||   Is the most superior wealth of all!
Last edited by mingshey on Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dillman
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dillman »

Thanks i hope i can start catching on.....i work at it a little everyday. It's hard though!!

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome, Dillman!

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

Hey Dillman!

Welcome to Textkit, enjoy your time here and try to ask whatever questions you may have.

Daily study will be very beneficial for you.

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

Welcome aboard Dillman.

Umm, forgive me, but where is Mount Allison University? I've never heard of it. Australia, Canada, the US, NZ? I'm fairly sure it's not in the UK or Ireland.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Google tells me it's in New Brunswick. :)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Dillman
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dillman »

klewlis was right.....It is in New Brunswick, Canada. For those of you who are not Canadians, i want to say that's too bad (joking!) But really though for those of you who are not Candians, Mount Allison is the 1st, or 2nd best undergraduate school in Canada and is a nice little campus with a small population, personally i like that because i am from the country and big cities scare me. :oops: This university is kinda inbetween as far as size goes and i like that.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Dillman wrote:klewlis was right.....It is in New Brunswick, Canada. For those of you who are not Canadians, i want to say that's too bad (joking!) But really though for those of you who are not Candians, Mount Allison is the 1st, or 2nd best undergraduate school in Canada and is a nice little campus with a small population, personally i like that because i am from the country and big cities scare me. :oops: This university is kinda inbetween as far as size goes and i like that.
I find it hard to believe that it's the "best" since I have never heard of it... best in what? According to whom? I guess it depends on what you're looking for ;)

Anyhoo, I'm in Edmonton but have lived in all three of the western-most provinces. Where did you grow up?

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

Ya, Mount Allison U does have a good undergrad program. Most people are fairly unfamiliar with eastern schools in Canada. Course I go to Queens (in Ontario) and everyone knows the school. Haha.

Anyway, fellow Canadians always welcome.

Dillman
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dillman »

According to some magizne's year report so :P .......Hahaha i grew up in a couple of different places in Nova Scotia never lvied out of that province until know....New Brunswick isn't a huge move i guess :P

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Dillman wrote: Mount Allison is the 1st, or 2nd best undergraduate school in Canada and is a nice little campus with a small population, personally i like that because i am from the country and big cities scare me. :oops: This university is kinda inbetween as far as size goes and i like that.
I can agree with you on that. I don't like big cities, either. I hope to attend a little college on the outskirts of Birmingham. It's a big city, at least to me, but it's a small college.