New Members Introduction Thread (New Users Post Here!)

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Cursus
Textkit Neophyte

Re: New Members Introduction Thread (New Users Post Here!)

Post by Cursus »

χαίρετε/salvete!

I had a couple years of Ancient Greek in college (not enough, unfortunately) and am now halfway through the two-year Latin sequence as well. I look forward to pestering the community with all kinds of questions. :)

-Cursus

Calliope
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Calliope »

Salvete vobis omnibus! Χαίρετε, πάντες!

mitchd
Textkit Neophyte

Post by mitchd »

hi all I'm Mitch and I live in Australia near Sydney. A while ago I started to read fiction/literature again and so... ended up reading blank verse translations by Fagles of The Illiad and The Odyssey with The Aeneid next in line (though I've got a literature text to read for an online course I'm doing so too many books as usual).

Anyway, I've tried and reached a miserably bad level at some other languages so I thought Latin looks familiar and right now I'm into antiquity so here I am.

carpe diem,
Mitch

Reuelos
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Reuelos »

Hi! I'm Reuel. I'm graduating in greek at São Paulo University - Brazil and I'm really enjoying the course and the greek language. Recently I studied with professo Christophe Rico, and it made me want more greek in my life :)

I'm thinking about starting the latin course next year, but now my focus is on greek, and at the TPR approach.

Well.. that's me ;)

Philosophia
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Philosophia »

Hey everyone I'm John. I'm really interested in learning Latin and eventually Greek. I'm self teaching because my school doesn't offer Latin or Greek. I plan to major in Classics when I graduate and go off to college and hopefully will be able to read and write fluently in Latin and be proficient in Greek by the time I graduate. If anyone has any advice for self teaching I would be really appreciative toward anyone trying to give me tips.

Olbia
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Olbia »

Good afternoon.
I am Elizabeth Anne, aged 65, British by birth but French by marriage (since December 1970).
I learned Latin at school, and have kept an interest in it ever since. I started to teach myself ancient Greek after retirement ten years ago, and followed the beginners' course with the CNED (French national centre for distance learning). I also attended the summer school in ancient Greek (level 2) in Louvain la Neuve (Belgium) two years running (in 2011 and 2012).
I have now enrolled for the Diplôme d'Université at the University of Bordeaux by distance learning, for Latin and Greek, from September. If I can successfully complete the two-year course, I hope to enrol for a degree in Classics from September 2015. If I can manage that, I would have a degree in Classics by the time I am 71, and possibly a doctorate in ten years or so...

:D