Complete Nuntii Latini?

Latin after CDLXXVI
Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Complete Nuntii Latini?

Post by Carolus Raeticus »

Salvete!

Does anyone around here have the entire corpus of the Finnish Nuntii Latini (or at least the 2009-2017 bit)?

Valete,

Carolus Raeticus
Sperate miseri, cavete felices.

Timothée
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Complete Nuntii Latini?

Post by Timothée »

What do you mean by the corpus: in audio form or in text form? The programmes from the end of 2010 until today can be listened to via the Finnish Broadcasting Company streaming service (I think they are not area-restricted). The texts of the programmes are also there, next to each programme. They’re still also on the Teletext, and have been for 15 years or more.

There used to be more on the Internet, from 2005 or 2006, if not earlier. In fact, I think the texts of programmes from 1999/2000 onwards have been published on the Internet, but they may have been lost in the updates and facelifts of the broadcasting company’s (and its different channels’) homepages. They (or some of them) might still be to be found via some archive services.

And the programmes from 1989 to August of 1999 were also published in book form (in 5 volumes). I have them in my bookshelf, and some of the volumes may still be bought from the publisher. The publishing of this series was discontinued as the texts were put freely on the Internet for the joy of the whole Latin community.

The other editor was my teacher at the University for many years, until he retired.

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Salve Thimotée!
Timothée wrote:What do you mean by the corpus: in audio form or in text form? The programmes from the end of 2010 until today can be listened to via the Finnish Broadcasting Company streaming service (I think they are not area-restricted). The texts of the programmes are also there, next to each programme. They’re still also on the Teletext, and have been for 15 years or more.
I am (or was) looking for the text forms. The current web-site seemed to have only the texts beginning with 16.01.2015. Or a least I thought so until your post. Not knowing Finnish (silly me ;-)) I did not understand the button "Näytä Lisää". I already have the NL from 19.05.2000 till 20.02.2009.

Gratias tibi ago,

Carolus Raeticus

Timothée
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Timothée »

Carolus Raeticus wrote:Salve Thimotée!
In Latin, “Timothee” (< Timotheus) works also perfectly. (It is coincidentally almost exactly the same as this French pseudonym of mine.)
Carolus Raeticus wrote:The current web-site seemed to have only the texts beginning with 16.01.2015. Or a least I thought so until your post. Not knowing Finnish (silly me ;-)) I did not understand the button "Näytä Lisää".
Yes, as you’ve found out, it means “show more” in Finnish. Unfortunately, however, I just noticed the full texts begin there only in the end of January 2014. Before that there are only the headings. It’s a wretched thing when websites are revamped and material is lost, but I suppose that’s a part and parcel of the Internet.
Carolus Raeticus wrote:I already have the NL from 19.05.2000 till 20.02.2009.
Where do you have them? Are they in such a (digital) form that I could possibly get them? I would be interested, as I have them nowhere myself.
Last edited by Timothée on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

You can try to play with the Wayback Machine of the Internet Archive. https://web.archive.org/

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Timothée wrote:
Carolus Raeticus wrote:I already have the NL from 19.05.2000 till 20.02.2009.
Where do you have them? Are they in such a (digital) form that I could possibly get them? I would be interested, as I have them nowhere myself.
I have them in digital format. Links to the site where I found them can be found on my homepage. But I am thinking about putting together all NL in a file, add links to the MP3s (where still available) and add some search capability using regex. But that will be a while.

Vale,

Carolus Raeticus

Iohannes
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Iohannes »

You can find the Nuntii Latini transcripts from September 2006 onwards at linguae.weebly.com/nuntii-latini.html

Iohannes
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Iohannes »

That should have been `from September 2005'. There is a less complete collection of transcripts from 2000 onwards at http://www.interrete.de/latein/nuntiifin.html

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Thank you for your replies. I am currently adding the articles from 2005.05-2010.10 to my NL-version. It takes a while because I am reading all articles. But I have just reached early 2006 (I am reading from latest to oldest).

Valete,

Carolus Raeticus

Jandar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Jandar »

After more than 28 years, the last Nuntii Latini weekly news review will be broadcast on Yle Radio 1 on Friday 21 December 2017 at 6:15 p.m.

Someone's just started an online petition to collect signature against the cancellation of 'Nuntii Latini", would be great if people could sign & share this!

https://la.petitions24.com/appellite_ut ... ntinuentur

Timothée
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Timothée »

Yleisradio reported today that, contrary to earlier decision, Nuntii Latini will continue until the spring of 2019, when the programme will be 30 years old.