Lingua Latina College Companion Book

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
MarcusE
Textkit Neophyte

Lingua Latina College Companion Book

Post by MarcusE »

I was curious if anyone is using the college companion book for the Lingua Latina Pars I. Is it worth the $25? Any comments?

I'm enjoying Lingua Latina but some straight forward grammar discussion in English would be nice without having to rummage on other grammars for the point I'm looking for.

Also, why isn't there a forum dedicated to Orberg's series as there is for Wheelock? It seems popular enought to justify it.

LisaNYork
Textkit Neophyte

Post by LisaNYork »

The College Companion offers full explanations of the grammar for each Capitulum in *English*. It also offers the vocabulary lists with English for each Capitulum.

I think it is definitely worth the $

If you go to Focus Publishing, you can view samples of it.

MarcusE
Textkit Neophyte

Post by MarcusE »

Thanks

Alex Sheremet
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Lingua Latina College Companion Book

Post by Alex Sheremet »

If you've started Latin on your own, and currently have no outside help, but are progressing through Lingua Latina solo, it's worth it. If you already have grammars, etc., or have/are taking classes, then perhaps not. But, the vocabulary is a nice addition.. you don't need to spend time making vocabulary lists for each chapter.

Bretonus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Bretonus »

Has anyone here used Pars II Roma Aeterna Instructions? If so, how was it?

Koehnsen
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Koehnsen »

Amazon has it too, with a few preview pages. I sent away for it...it looks quiet useful.

MarcusE
Textkit Neophyte

Post by MarcusE »

I've got a copy of Wheelocks and the English Latin vocab list for LL so it might be redundant to get another book. This is my second time through LL, the first time was some years ago and I remember that some extra grammar explanation will be useful especially in later chapters.