use browser to study Latin composition

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
hlawson38
Textkit Zealot

use browser to study Latin composition

Post by hlawson38 »

I use the Chrome browser, which "just works" to display a pdf file in a Chrome tab.

Step 1: I load the North and HIllard Latin composition book in one Chrome tab, and then load the corresponding answer key into another tab.

Step 3: I load an online English-->Latin dictionary into a separate tab. Now I have three tabs in Chrome: North & Hillard qestions, North & Hillard answers, and an English to Latin dictionary.

Step 3: I start a blank text file in Emacs, my preferred text editor. Emacs is optional; I could use any editor or word processing program.

With this setup, I can type North and HIllard's English into the Emacs file. That's where I do the work.

So now I have two windows displayed on my nice 24-inch monitor. In the Chrome browser window, I can flip the tabs from questions, to answers, to dictionary. Then in a separate window I can type my answers to the translation problems.
Hugh Lawson