Clyde Pharr's Aeneid I-VI

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
marxbert
Textkit Neophyte

Clyde Pharr's Aeneid I-VI

Post by marxbert »

Full text of this book is available for check-out on openlibrary:
https://openlibrary.org/works/OL1523737 ... Clyde_Phar

openlibrary books are "checked out", and PDFs are downloaded to your computer with an expiring DRM license. I am not sure this is public domain, but is from 1930. if anyone can confirm it is in the public domain and there's no problem sharing a link on textkit, i can upload a DRM-free PDF.

just a note: the first book is HEAVILY marked by multiple students, though the text is completely legible. a clean copy of Book I will be necessary, and Pharr's notes are relatively clean. as for the rest of the book, it all looked fine.

truks
Textkit Member

Re: Clyde Pharr's Aeneid I-VI

Post by truks »

A clean, unmarked copy of most of Pharr's book 1 can be found here.

rmarkham
Textkit Neophyte

Post by rmarkham »

truks wrote:A clean, unmarked copy of most of Pharr's book 1 can be found here.
I remember that link you provided also had sections of Books 2,4, and 6, but now the website's down for some reason. Do you have copies of those pdfs or another place to find them?

truks
Textkit Member

Post by truks »

rmarkham wrote:Do you have copies of those pdfs or another place to find them?
If you follow the link in the first post of this thread, you should find a PDF containing all the books. Only Book I is heavily marked – the others look very clean as far as I can tell.

Aether
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Aether »

I cannot read this book on open library website. Would you please upload the DRM free PDF? Thank you .

naturalphilosopher
Textkit Neophyte

Post by naturalphilosopher »

The general rule is that things published after 1923 are likely still in copyright in the US. Pharr's Aeneid is available fairly cheap and it has a fold-out word list that won't be usable in a PDF. It's best to just buy a copy if you need it.