Best Poet in Latin language? Please Vote!!! :)

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Best Poet in Latin language? Please Vote!!! :)

Post by Elucubrator »

I thought this might be a fun way to gauge the interests of the members of the list. There were many more writers than "option choices" above. Once everyone responds, we could take the winning category and have a new poll on the authors in that category. <br /><br />For those of you who love Catullus and detest Horace or vice versa and have trouble voting for the one when he is listed together with the other, don't worry. If Option 4 wins, we shall throw another poll for the decision. The same goes for any other option above with more than one poet listed.<br /><br />Also, don't worry too much about this. If you haven't read some of these, just vote based on the ones you know. ;) It's just for fun.<br /><br />I've set up the same type of Poll for the Greeks as well. See the Greek list.<br />

duglasius
Textkit Neophyte

Re:Best Poet in Latin language? Please Vote!!! :)

Post by duglasius »

Hey - Cicero should be on there - <br /><br />o fortunatam natam me consule Romam!<br /><br /> :) :)

Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Re:Best Poet in Latin language? Please Vote!!! :)

Post by Elucubrator »

You are so right! How could I forget!!! ? It seems I have neglected another "not so humble" poet. Well, maybe Sappho and Cicero will make surprise appearances in the second round.<br /><br />vale,<br /><br />Seba