lingua latina rocks! i love learning latine!

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Deudeditus
Textkit Enthusiast

lingua latina rocks! i love learning latine!

Post by Deudeditus »

well i got my copy of Lingua Latina a week ago and it's bleeding great... great, I say! I believe a giving of the maddest props is in order to all those who said good things about it, because that made me want to buy it. and i did. and I walk around town, and people know when they look at me that i'm a b.a., they say, 'hey, that guy's a bamf, and he has a sailboat. it's called the S.B. 2006, and it's stupendous.' before, with wheelock's, and less so, with m'n'f, i had problems with vocabulary retention, especially with adverbs, but sir O/. helped with that. I think i'm going to have a hard time going back to m&f, let alone wheelock's. speaking of wheelock's, i just realized that i don't know how to catalogue the uses of the ablative in LL:FR... GREAT!
Crazily enough, and probably the first time ever, I really have no questions about the book, because tonight i'll read the next chapter and... learn :shock: ...

-ualete et good sausage: familia porcana :mrgreen:

-Jon

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Euax, Jon! delighted to hear it. You're in for a lot of fun.
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

nostos
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by nostos »

It's beyond words. You'll be marvelling for a long time to come.

Good sausage, and familia porcina indeed! :) [/i]

Amadeus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Amadeus »

Excellent Deudeditus! You've joined the gang! It is great, isn' it? I'm about to finish the first part Familia Romana, and can't wait to order the next one. :D

Vale ac valete!
Lisa: Relax?! I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God! I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!

Homer: Well it's always in the last place you look.

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Saluus sis, Amadeus amice, lego te Partem I finisse? Mactissime! Spero quidem nos inter nos quam primum collocuturos. Quin incipis aliquid thematis in Agora ergo; sic sermonem nostrum colamus.

Vale atque ualete.

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

Amadeus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Amadeus »

Lucus Eques wrote:Saluus sis, Amadeus amice, lego te Partem I finisse? Mactissime! Spero quidem nos inter nos quam primum collocuturos. Quin incipis aliquid thematis in Agora ergo; sic sermonem nostrum colamus.

Vale atque ualete.
Amadeus Luco Equiti salutem dicit,

Potius in "Composition Board" incepturus sum ad latine scribendum, quia nondum bene scribere scio et primum exercitare necesse est. :wink:

Vale, amice!

Post scriptum: btw, is that your personal webpage under your signature?
Lisa: Relax?! I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God! I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!

Homer: Well it's always in the last place you look.

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

domum Luci Equitis in linea, ut dicam, de quo modo locutus es, nomine Laureolam, miram mirificamque censeo. utinam scribere ut ille scribit possem!

bpq

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Woohoo!

I just placed my order for Lingua Latina 1 & 2. And I'm thinking of stopping by Borders later today to pick up Cambridge Latin Course which Mfranks recommended using concurrently with the LL series. Hopefully I can get back on the wagon... :)

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Lucius Amadeus Amadeo amico Mexicano ac Dauid nomine Bello Pacique noto salutem dicit plurimam.

Amadeus mi care, pergratum mihi est uerba tua Latina perlegere. Immo optime scribis! etiam melius scribes, id haud dubito. Ita est ut notásti, meus est hic situs quem infra in signo apposui, logos telaris Latine scriptus, oblectatio tantum. Dauid urbanissime amice, gratias tibi ago ob humanissima tua uerba. Spero uos fore fidos lectores! ac si umquam alicui historicae seu naturae classicae in nuntiis interretiue obuiam ieritis, facitote sciam! ita núntium nouum de illis rebus scribam nominaque uestra quippe in nuntio inuentorum apponéns.

Réctissime ualeatis.

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS