Latin Study Group

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Raider
Textkit Neophyte

Latin Study Group

Post by Raider »

Hello Everyone!
I'm new to Textkit and was wondering if there is any interest in (or any possibility of) starting a beginners' Latin study group. I would be happy to work through any of the books on the site; I have already downloaded and started looking at D'Ooge. Having a study group would make learning Latin more enjoyable as well as provide some support and motivation to the effort. If there's no interest in the group, would anyone want to study with me? I'm a complete beginner, are there any other new learners out there?

medicatura
Textkit Neophyte

Post by medicatura »

I'm not a complete beginner, and I've never used any of the textbooks that have their own forums here, but I'd be glad to join your study group and assist your studies, if you'd like. I think it's a good idea; I wish I had come across something like this last year when I first started learning the ropes of the language.

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: Latin Study Group

Post by mariek »

Hi Raider! Welcome to Textkit! You've come to the right place for learning Latin. You've already chosen a good book to use for learning Latin, and there are several people here who are/have working/worked through it. Don't forget to take a look at the Latin for Beginners by D'Ooge forum. You can read questions/answers posted by others, or post a new question of your own. Good luck!

Meowth
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Meowth »

i am really interested on starting a study group

i just started to learn latin using D'Ooge book since august, and i'm now taking a latin class at my university, all from the beginning

Raider
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Raider »

Thank you all for your replies!
I'm glad to see so much interest in the study group. Would you like to work through the book starting at the beginning, or each of us at our own pace? You both seem more advanced than me, so the latter might be the best option.