Vivarium Novum

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Vivarium Novum

Post by adrianus »

I haven't noticed any pointer on Textkit to these things on the Vivarium Novum site, so here is one to audio recordings (readings of classical extracts), plus another to multimedia resources—videos really—(a number of which are based on Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata).

Nexum ad haec (in situ Vivario Novo) alibi in Textkit foro non animadverto. Eâ ratione, ecce nexum ad nonnulla impressa sonituum in sermonibus latinis (lectiones excerptorum è scriptis classicis), unâ cum alio ad scaturigines multimediales—taeniolas seu visifica justa—(quarum numerus è cursu Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata nomine constant).

http://www.vivariumnovum.it/edizioni/in ... diali.html
http://www.vivariumnovum.it/edizioni/in ... libri.html
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Hampie
Textkit Member

Re: Vivarium Novum

Post by Hampie »

To me, the videos seem to be examples of lessons as an aid for teachers doing their lesson plans. Although they were very cute (especially the younger teacher, rawr!), and I kind of wish my latin tuition would have been as «fun» and interactive.

An interesting note for everyone is that they, of course being an Italian site, use the Italian pronunciation of Latin rather than the restored classic. Exempla gratia, ancillæ is pronounced /anchille/.
Här kan jag i alla fall skriva på svenska, eller hur?

Smythe
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Smythe »

Hunhh...

The videos are kinda neat ... watched the one for capitulum primum and the one for the current chapter that I'm on (capitilum ūndecimum). The accent is very jarring, but hey, the Romans are their direct ancestors, not mine, so I'll cut 'em some slack. I just don't know if the videos would help me with Lingua Latina. Thanks for posting the links, though!

-smythe

jamesbath
Textkit Member

Post by jamesbath »

Definitely well worth visiting and returning to. But I don't understand why the chapters are spelled "Capitolo" instead of "Capitulum" or CAPITVLVM" or even, for that matter, the dat/abl "Capitulo".

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Post by adrianus »

"Capitolo" is in Italian, not Latin.
Italicè non Latinè est "capitolo".
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

jamesbath
Textkit Member

Post by jamesbath »

adrianus wrote:"Capitolo" is in Italian, not Latin.
Italicè non Latinè est "capitolo".
Oh. I see. Intellego.

furrykef
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by furrykef »

Shouldn't that be "capisco"? :mrgreen:
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.

Delirant isti romani!