Index of Lingua Latina supplements

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Quin Firefrorefiddle
Textkit Neophyte

Index of Lingua Latina supplements

Post by Quin Firefrorefiddle »

This is mostly for my own reference, but I thought others might find it useful. There are several supplemental readers available for Lingua Latina, each with a different time it's supposed to be used in the series. I don't think I'm allowed to post links yet, but I'll put in the full names.

To be used with Familia Romana:
Lingua Latina: Colloquia Personarum
Fabellae Latinae (found on Pullins website, free)

To be used just after Familia Romana:
Lingua Latina: Caesaris: Commentarii De Bello Gallico I (partial), IV, V
Amphitryo: Plautus Amphitryo Comoedia
Lingua Latina: Sermones Romani

To be used with Roma Aeterna:
Vergil Aeneid: Books 1 and 4 (P. Vergilii Maronis: Aeneis, Libros I et IV) (Lingua Latina)
Ovid: Ars Amatoria / P. Ovidii Nasonis (Lingua Latina) (for those who have finished the first five caps of RA)
Lingua Latina: Petronius: Cena Trimalchionis (for those who have finished the first half of RA) *(note: this book also has a vocabulary guide, be aware of what you are paying for)*
Last edited by Quin Firefrorefiddle on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pax vobiscum!

Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Index of Lingua Latina supplements

Post by Bedell »

Thanks for posting that; I for one find it useful. :D
nothing should arouse more suspicion than a cross-party consensus - Antidemocritus fl. 2010

Sino-Classicist
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Sino-Classicist »

There's also Fabellae Latinae, free from Pullins, to be used with Familia Romana.

According to the Lingua Latina website, Cena Trimalchionis is intended for people who have finished half of Roma Aeterna. Ars Amatoria is for people who have finished the first five lessons of Roma Aeterna.

Quin Firefrorefiddle
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Quin Firefrorefiddle »

Thank you! I will edit the list to reflect that.
Pax vobiscum!