Is there a Patristic Library of sorts?

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
vrixton
Textkit Neophyte

Is there a Patristic Library of sorts?

Post by vrixton »

I'm aware of the Ante-Nicene Fathers and Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers collections of English translations of the writings of many of the early Church Fathers, but is there a Loeb Classical Library analogue for these, or even one that like my Reader's Septuagint only has the Greek Text? I know Loeb has two volumes of "Apostolic Fathers" but surely that's not the extent of Greek texts we possess.

Forgive me if there's this huge, magnificent series everyone knows about and every library has, I'm pretty new to all this.

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Is there a Patristic Library of sorts?

Post by jeidsath »

There is Patrologia Graeca with facing Greek and Latin at 161 volumes.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

scotistic
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Is there a Patristic Library of sorts?

Post by scotistic »

Migne is the standard edition of the Fathers; there are a number of modern series, none of them as complete, offering more up-to-date editions, such as Corpus Christianorum.

Loeb doesn't only have the two Apostolic Fathers volumes, but one volume of Clement of Alexandria, four of Basil, two of Eusebius, ten (?) of Augustine, one each of Jerome, Tertullian, Boethius, etc etc. It's a scattershot sampling but not bad.