Biblical Greek text N A G D

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
Lon Palmer
Textkit Neophyte

Biblical Greek text N A G D

Post by Lon Palmer »

Hi, I'm new to the board.

I am self-taught in Latin using the Oxford Course which uses N V A G D A case orders, so I am looking for a Biblical Greek text that uses N A G D - I don't think I can adapt to the N G D A that I am seeing elsewhere.

Can anyone recommend a good text that uses N A G D?

Thanks.

Shenoute
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Biblical Greek text N A G D

Post by Shenoute »

Nunn, Elements of New Testament Greek, uses NAGD. There has been two revisions of Nunn's book, one in the 1960s by Wenham and another more recently, I haven't used them but they may also use NAGD.

Edit. The latest avatar is the work of Jeremy Duff, see here.

Lon Palmer
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Lon Palmer »

Thanks so much!

Shenoute
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Shenoute »

I have checked and it turns out that both Wenham and Duff use NAGD. I worked through the French translation of Wenham as my introduction to NT Greek years ago and as an autodidact I found it a really nice book to work with. It could probably be said to be old fashioned and basic but I like this kind of no-nonsense textbooks (short lessons with not too much grammar, not too many words to learn and lots of practice).

Lon Palmer
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Lon Palmer »

That sounds really good. Thanks!