Basics of Biblical Greek

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
DavidHatesChemo
Textkit Neophyte

Basics of Biblical Greek

Post by DavidHatesChemo »

I am using William Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek 3rd edition. It takes me longer to do the memorization because of brain injuries from auto accidents and twice undergoing chemo treatments (chemo brain). It would be helpful if anyone else is using BOBG 3rd ed that we could help & encourage each other. I feel very much alone in this.

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Basics of Biblical Greek

Post by jeidsath »

I'll do what I can for you, though I don't have a copy of Mounce's book. If you'd like to post any exercises here, I don't mind looking over your work.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

C. S. Bartholomew
Textkit Zealot

Post by C. S. Bartholomew »

Like Joel, I am willing to help. I just put a hold on the third edition from local lib. Are the exercises in the text book are a separate workbook?
C. Stirling Bartholomew

DavidHatesChemo
Textkit Neophyte

Thanks. Yes, the workbook follows the textbook. Sorry I responded sooner. I had a second cancer surgery, and misjudging the steps with the walker I fell down a flight of steps. I now have a bone pressing against a nerve and its very painful. I see a surgeon on July 12. I use my smartphone at home for internet access, I live in a rural area where we don't have internet. But when I can get into town I take my laptop to the library.

Sofronios
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Sofronios »

I cut my teeth on Greek with Mounce.. his books really help
and I wouldnt dare to say that I can of much help because Im also a begginer,
but many experts here that I believe can give their opinions to aid you
:D
ὁ δὲ εἶπε· πῶς γὰρ ἂν δυναίμην, ἐὰν μή τις ὁδηγήσῃ με;
Qui ait : Et quomodo possum, si non aliquis ostenderit mihi ?

DavidHatesChemo
Textkit Neophyte

Tomorrow I have an MRI done, then surgery will be scheduled after that. I can't walk and I'm in a lot of pain. I'll pick be back after the surgery.