Iliad 2 graduates to Iliad 3.

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
Bert
Textkit Zealot

Iliad 2 graduates to Iliad 3.

Post by Bert »

The reading group Iliad 2 has almost comleted book 2 of the Iliad and some of us are continuing with book 3.
If any one is interested in joining us, this is the time to do it.
We can start in early November.
(I don't know what constitutes a "goup" but right now there are only two of us. If no one joins us we may have to change the name from reading group to reading pair/couple/twosome.)
Being committed to a schedule is a great way to maintain momentum in going through a Greek text.
Please reply to this post if you are interested.

perispomenon
Textkit Fan

Post by perispomenon »

I just joined the group. I suppose it will be just the two of us then, Bert.

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

I just joined as well.
I don't mind it being just two but I feel kind of bad that Paul and Will have to do the same amount of work for 15 as for 2.
On we go.

Paul
Textkit Zealot

Post by Paul »

Bert,

Give me an idea of when you two want to get started. I can't quite remember, but I think the infrastrux are in place. I need to start preparing the text.

I can't promise to get lots of lessons done in advance. Rather, I will try to stay a lesson or two ahead of you and perispomenon.

Cordially,

Paul

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Paul wrote:Bert,

Give me an idea of when you two want to get started. I can't quite remember, but I think the infrastrux are in place. I need to start preparing the text.

I can't promise to get lots of lessons done in advance. Rather, I will try to stay a lesson or two ahead of you and perispomenon.

Cordially,

Paul
I have exactly 100 lines left to do of Iliad 2. I don't think I can do that in two weeks without neglecting other responsibilities.
I would think Dec. 11 would be reasonable.
Only if you are able to get your work done by then. I don't want you to be pushed because of our starting time.

Adelheid, you are ahead of me by quite a bit. You don't mind waiting until then do you?

perispomenon
Textkit Fan

Post by perispomenon »

Ofcourse not. December 11th will be fine.

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

perispomenon wrote:December 11th will be fine.
I'll update the schedule page later today.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

Paul
Textkit Zealot

Post by Paul »

Hi Bert and Adelheid,

Unfortunately, I will have to renege on the offer of a GTSSed book 3. I have lately been receiving e-mails from my ISP admonishing me for the disk space I am consuming.

In fact, as I will later post in the "Open Board", I may have to take down some of the older GTSS lessons.

If I am able to negotiate for more (free) disk space, I may be able to accomodate your request in the future.

My apologies.

Cordially,

Paul

perispomenon
Textkit Fan

Post by perispomenon »

Paul,

No worries. Just a thought: I have the Iliad I course downloaded and all, put together in one file. Perhaps it could be made public via Textkit, and then you might be able to free some space?

Bert, can we test wether we can send each other emails with unicode text? Otherwise, we could just stick to a schedule and post in the textkit forum.

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

perispomenon wrote: Bert, can we test wether we can send each other emails with unicode text? Otherwise, we could just stick to a schedule and post in the textkit forum.
Yes, either way would work.
If you send me a unicode email, I'll reply.
(I can't take the first step. Don't know your address.)

perispomenon
Textkit Fan

Post by perispomenon »

I will send it to the mailinglist :wink: