H&Q Unit 2

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
fierywrath
Textkit Neophyte

H&Q Unit 2

Post by fierywrath »

I humbly call upon the able-minded to verify the accuracy of my work:

I. You used to send gifts from the market place to the gods of the island.
εις τους της νησου θεους επεμπες δω?α.

II. Did you (pl.) order Homer to free the five men in the house or not?
α?α εκελευσατε τον Ομη?ον λυσαι τους πεντε ανθ?ωπους τους εν τη οικια η ου;

III. They will educate their brothers by words and deeds.
παιδευθσουσι λογοις και ε?γοις τους αδελφους.

IIII. The goddess is now ordering the six brothers to send gold to their friends on the island.
η θεος νυν κελευει τους εξ ανθ?ωπους πεμπειν χ?υσον εις τους εν τη νησου φιλους.

V. The gifts of their brothers freed the six men.
τα των αδελφων δω?α τους εξ ανθ?ωπους ελυσεν.

Thank you.

modus.irrealis
Textkit Zealot

Re: H&Q Unit 2

Post by modus.irrealis »

fierywrath
Textkit Neophyte

Post by fierywrath »

Thank you for the comments. The book wasn't entirely clear about when to use εις over the dative, although I suppose they never explicitly said the preposition could be used with people. Anyways, a good fact to know. Don''t know where those missing words went but I seem to do that a lot with prepositional phrases.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

(mr(s) garrison) fierywrath you fag

how are you only on unit 2 are you faking i read xenophon and the h historian with the ionic dialect (hard as hell) i read homer odyssey it sucked and i read law speeches too they sucked mr hat mmkay.

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Still the same. Very elegant with words.

fierywrath
Textkit Neophyte

Post by fierywrath »

Episcopus wrote:(mr(s) garrison) fierywrath you fag

how are you only on unit 2 are you faking i read xenophon and the h historian with the ionic dialect (hard as hell) i read homer odyssey it sucked and i read law speeches too they sucked mr hat mmkay.
no brittany, quite further but i thought to double check my work since i stopped for a while. by zeus your verbal assault has disheartened me to stop again. i hope you are happy you trucking christina aguilera monster.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

bert, i know you don't like lacks of elegance but i know more than any one that speaking like whiteoctave shows arrogance, not talent. i hope one day i will be finished with things so that people doubting or haters might see......or maybe not because i don't care about them. homer sucks that's a fact i read it. i'm sorry if you were offended, i apologise on behalf of mr hat.

fannywrath there was no verbal assault i was just greeting you. if i were you i would stop now, i would write a very very very academic (bert should love it!) piece proving why greeks had no right to call foreign tongues sheep languages hint hint but i can't bring myself to look at any more after this year i would advise you to stop now christina my fav track of yours is come on over because it's not worth it.

yours faithfully,

it's paul wall i'm the people's champ
my chain light up like lamp
cos now i back wit the camp