Everyone seems to have heard of Geoffrey Steadman's ongoing series and I've also enjoyed Stephen Nimis's editions of Lucian, but it's difficult to find other complete texts formatted this way. Obviously the BCP and Cambridge yellow and green editions make you sing for your supper, but are there any publishers I'm missing that do same/facing page vocabulary and commentary? I'll update the list below if anyone can add to it.
Greek editions with facing vocab and notes/commentary/gloss
- Geoffrey Steadman - [Aristotle, Plato, Herodotus, Homer, Lysias, Sophocles, Euripides, Xenophon] free pdfs https://geoffreysteadman.com and physical copies also available
- Stephen Nimis & Evan Hayes (Faenum Publishing) - [Lucian, Plutarch, Galen, Hippocrates] https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=stripbooks ... _sr_book_1 and free pdfs here http://www.faenumpublishing.com/lucians ... -gods.html
- Hadavas - [Lucian, Xenophon of Ephesus, Euripides, Infancy Gospel of Thomas (this guy has eclectic taste! Some of the covers are great fun, check them out)]. All his editions here https://www.amazon.com/C.-T.-Hadavas/e/ ... ont_book_1
- Draper - Iliad Book 1 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Iliad-Book-1-B ... 2-fkmrnull and Odyssey Selections from Books 1-12 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Odyssey-Reader ... 047205192X
- Bolchazy-Carducci publishers - [Plato, Homer, Longus] http://www.bolchazy.com/Intermediate-C1074.aspx
- Hackett Publishing - Forty-Six Stories in Classical Greek. https://www.hackettpublishing.com/class ... ical-greek Thucydides Reader: Annotated Passages from Books I-VIII of the Histories Google Books preview https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=BTp ... #v=onepage
- York University Intermediate Greek Reader Project - [Homer, Alcaeus, Anacreon, Archilochus, Sappho, Simonides, Solon, Xenophanes, Folk and Drinking Songs] (particularly like the folk and drinking songs here) http://clst.huma.laps.yorku.ca/york-uni ... r-project/
- Mastronarde - [Some short extracts from Lysias and Plato] http://atticgreek.org/downloads/downloads.html at the bottom of the page
- Pratt - Eros at the Banquet: Reviewing Greek with Plato's Symposium. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eros-Banquet-R ... 0806141425
- JACT - Selections. 1. A World of Heroes: Selections from Homer, Herodotus and Sophocles. 2. The Intellectual Revolution: Selections from Euripides, Thucydides, and Plato.
- George Fox University - Intermediate Biblical Greek Reader: Galatians and Related Texts (commentary immediately follows a short text). Free pdf https://digitalcommons.georgefox.edu/cg ... ton_epress
- Tyndale House New Testament with same-page vocab (mmm... smyth-sewn binding) - https://www.crossway.org/articles/intro ... s-edition/
- Decker - Koine Greek Reader. Google Books preview https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=lSS ... &q&f=false
- Duckwitz. Reading the Gospel of St. John in Greek: A Beginning
Reading the Gospel of St. Mark in Greek: A Beginning.
Reading the Gospel of St. Matthew in Greek: A Beginning
- Goodrich and Lukaszewski. A Reader's Greek New Testament
- Hadavas - The Infancy Gospel of Thomas: An Intermediate Greek Reader
- JACT - New Testament Greek: A Reader
- McLean - Hellenistic and Biblical Greek: A Graduated Reader
- Mounce - A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek
- Newman - The UBS Greek New Testament: A Reader's Edition
- Whitacre - A Patristic Greek Reader.
edit: cribbed a lot of great stuff from this list http://www.dramata.com/Greek%20intermediate%20books.pdf which is arranged by writer