Where is the White answer key?

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Where is the White answer key?

Post by bellum paxque »

NOTE - I posted this in the White's First Greek Book forum without response. Now it's going here.

I can't seem to download the answer key to White's First Greek Book. Is there any way to get this, or is it temporarily unavailable?

-David

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but the download worked for me. It's only 1 page long and ends with "This answer key is a work in progress. Last updated 05/13/03."

Here is the entire text of what I found, in case it might help you:
41. Read aloud and translate: (1) small houses (2) in the market-places (3) in a small house
(4) The house has a door. (5) The day was long. (6) They have small armies. (7) the houses
have doors. (8) There were houses in the country. (9) The houses were small. (10) The doors
of the houses were small.
46. (1) In the village there were small tents. (2) The small houses were ugly. (3)The tents
were beautiful. (4) In the village there was a fearful battle. (5) The army's uproar was fearful. (6)
In the beautiful villages there were houses. (7) He has a sling in his tent. (8) There was a fearful
outcry in the villages. (9) The slings were in the tents. (10) The house was small and the tent
ugly.
57. (1) He plans. (2) They loose. (3) You are holding. (4) You are sending. (5) You (pl.)
have. (6) We are planning. (7) I lead. (8) She is siezing. (9) You (pl.) are robbing. (10) They
are sending.
59. (1) I am leading the Greek army. (2) They are destroying the fine tents. (3) I do not
plunder the villages. (4) They are leading the garrison out of the tents. (5) They have fine homes.
(6) The villages do not have gates. (7) We are not sending the garrison. (8) Are you (pl.)
plundering the country? (9) He is sending the army out of the villages. (10) Are you leading the
Greek garrison out of the Agora?
64. (1) The sea was narrow. (2) Does he have homes by the sea? (3) He is bringing tables
upon his wagons. (4) They are sending wagons to the Agora. (5) He has a good garrison by the
bridge. (6) We have fine shields and knives. (7) I am not leading the garrison to the sea. (8) Are
you sending knives to the army? (9) He is not leading the army over the bridge. (10) You are
plundering the country from sea to sea.
71. (1) You were loosing. (2) I was leading; They were leading. (3) You (pl.) were holding.
(4) I was loosing; they were loosing. (5) You were leading. (6) She was holding. (7) You were
planning. (8) He was sending. (9) We were robbing. (10) We were counselling.
This answer key is a work in progress. Last updated 05/13/03.
Learn with other Greek students in Textkit’s Greek and Latin Forum
Is there supposed to more to it than this?
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

Ah. When I tried to download it, I must have done something wrong.

So apparently the answer key has not been completed. Those are only the answers for the first few exercises.

Thanks for investigating, edonnelly!

-David