Textkit Logo

Morphology software

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Morphology software

Postby Lavrentivs » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:26 pm

Is there any good software for memorizing morphology?
Lavrentivs
Textkit Fan

Re: Morphology software

Postby craigbaugh » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:47 am

Do you know about Kalos: http://www.kalos-software.com/ ?? It's not perfect, but it's free.
craigbaugh
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Cheiromancer » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks for the reference to Kalos, craigbaugh! It seems very useful, especially with the words that have a few odd forms.

Do you know of any resources that can double-check some of the inflections it provides? For instance, it tells me that the dative singular of ἰχθύς is ἰχθυῖ, rather than ἰχθύι, which is what I was expecting. I've tried searching in Perseus, but nothing comes up.
Cheiromancer
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Lavrentivs » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:57 am

couldn't run kalos on my mac, but
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~ancgreek/ ... stomU.html
is pretty cool
Lavrentivs
Textkit Fan

Postby Sceptra Tenens » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Cheiromancer wrote:Thanks for the reference to Kalos, craigbaugh! It seems very useful, especially with the words that have a few odd forms.

Do you know of any resources that can double-check some of the inflections it provides? For instance, it tells me that the dative singular of ἰχθύς is ἰχθυῖ, rather than ἰχθύι, which is what I was expecting. I've tried searching in Perseus, but nothing comes up.

Hm, based on my cursory search (Perseus and Wiktionary), it seems that it should be ἰχθύϊ. Aside from simply Googling the word in quotes, I don't think there are many other ways to check inflections in Greek.
mihi iussa capessere fas est
Sceptra Tenens
Textkit Member

Return to Learning Greek