Morphology software

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Lavrentivs
Textkit Fan

Morphology software

Post by Lavrentivs »

Is there any good software for memorizing morphology?

craigbaugh
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Morphology software

Post by craigbaugh »

Do you know about Kalos: http://www.kalos-software.com/ ?? It's not perfect, but it's free.

Cheiromancer
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Cheiromancer »

Thanks for the reference to Kalos, craigbaugh! It seems very useful, especially with the words that have a few odd forms.

Do you know of any resources that can double-check some of the inflections it provides? For instance, it tells me that the dative singular of ἰχθύς is ἰχθυῖ, rather than ἰχθύι, which is what I was expecting. I've tried searching in Perseus, but nothing comes up.

Lavrentivs
Textkit Fan

Post by Lavrentivs »

couldn't run kalos on my mac, but
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~ancgreek/ ... stomU.html
is pretty cool

Sceptra Tenens
Textkit Member

Post by Sceptra Tenens »

Cheiromancer wrote:Thanks for the reference to Kalos, craigbaugh! It seems very useful, especially with the words that have a few odd forms.

Do you know of any resources that can double-check some of the inflections it provides? For instance, it tells me that the dative singular of ἰχθύς is ἰχθυῖ, rather than ἰχθύι, which is what I was expecting. I've tried searching in Perseus, but nothing comes up.
Hm, based on my cursory search (Perseus and Wiktionary), it seems that it should be ἰχθύϊ. Aside from simply Googling the word in quotes, I don't think there are many other ways to check inflections in Greek.
mihi iussa capessere fas est