Miss World?! What a rip.

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Miss World?! What a rip.

Post by Episcopus »

First of all there are probably about 100,000 girls in the world hotter than the winner here. She was just a classic blonde person and not really attractive just that stereotypical thing. Anyhow Ireland (the country of the winner) has nothing compared to the beauty of say Finland, and look how badly Finland is represented. I was disappointed with the Phillipines, as the girls there are simply fine, however Thailand, although bearing many females finer than their girl, was fairly represented. Anyhow subconsciously I pick all far eastern countries even prior to seeing them.
Hah this contest is funny, with all that 'women are not objects to be stared at, prized, abused etc.'!
I also found the way in which they state their education funny. And their ambitions within 10 years when we all know what they will be doing.

My top 10 (in no order):

1. Miss Argentina
2. Miss China
3. Miss Chinese Taipei
4. Miss Hungary (mainly because of that uniquely evil picture and her behind on that wallpaper red bikini picture)
5. Miss India
6. Miss Israel -Are you employed? - "No." - Lovely!
7. Miss Japan
8. Miss Korea (Damn!! I wish I knew an elegant expression of this Latinly!)
9. Miss Spain
10. Miss Thailand (that's the way!)

No wait that's for Miss Universe. The Korean for Miss World is not half as good. See what I mean? Awful contest. In Miss World, Miss Wales http://media.santabanta.com/gal/mw2003/ ... wales1.jpg
Now think of how the other girls are.

The Miss World line up is terrible. What's going on. The only pleasing one is Iceland. I prefer Miss Universe. Although Miss World
was in glorious China.

Best answer:

What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than representing your country in this pageant)?

Saying no to cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs. I have never in my life tried any of these things.

- Miss Iceland

hahahaha excellent response. I believe you. I'd also like to state how fair Iceland's girls are. Why this one? Nevertheless she deserves it all for that line!

And I want a piece of my beloved Miss Armenia who is my cousin. At: http://media.santabanta.com/gal/mw2003/ ... menia1.jpg

Only joking but she is fine.

If you think yourself hard enough, give us your tope 10, be it from Miss World 2003 or Universe 2003; yet I suggest Miss Universe as there are more from which to choose.

Valete (cupio ut plura dicere potuissem...e.g. has omnes litteras latiná)
...N'importe...

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

1) Me
all the rest can just pack up and go home, they stand no chance against me :P .

Urghh... horrible: http://www.chalomumbai.com/sports/natio ... /68382.htm

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

:shock: Do females actually like that amount of muscle

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

no.

do males actually like anorexia?

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Hell no. Why do all these girls not see that being awfully thin is not sweet!

Kevin Bowden
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Kevin Bowden »

Absolutely. Being too thin is a major turnoff. I don't WANT to see her abs. Those muscles should only be seen on men's bodies. I want to see smoothness, if I have to leave it on a physical plane.
You can't get that thin naturally.
S

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

It's fair if they are seen but not too clearly as that is quite disgusting.

By contrast those who are already obese eating far too much and not realising/not caring are not good for themselves...

Women always talk about equality etc. Well women are meant to have some meat on them it's for nature's sake. If women find it hard and complain go tell the men who spend hours in the gym to become what they should be. It's annoying that girls are born with it but men have to work for it. But I suppose we should be out hunting mammoths.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

You are such an instigator :? Does it really matter what our bodies are meant to do, if we don't do those things anymore? But I do agree that it is unfair when we are asked to loosen our standards for women when men still must uphold their side of the old etiquette and be physically fit.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

I mean no one thinks bodybuilders are attractive (like a few muscles are, but bodybuilders are ugly and only mad ‘she-bodybuilders’ think they're attractive). No one thinks men should have to look perfect like, but women (well at least we always think everyone thinks we should look perfect).
And it's not too difficult and very healthy do to some sport at least and try to eat a healthy diet (I think women should do so, too). Obesity is an illness it's not good for you.
But all this extreme perfection is just terrible. It's not very natural to be thin and have big breast, so women feel terrible, at least all men have to do is a bit of sport... it's also easier for men to loose weight than it is for women (something to do with the way women's bodies love to save fat, but don't like to burn it).
Maybe all this fitness studio stuff is something very American, benissimus, because not too many guys here go to the bother of building up their muscles like that, the most they do is play football (with a round ball).

I think men should loosen their standards, it's just plain depressing always trying to look like some perfect photoshoped model, and I don't see men being that depressed about not looking like Brad Pitt.

Lol, that reminds me of some guy, who was complaining about having to shave everyday like. I told him I have to shave everyday, too, and have much more to shave - he'd never thought of that, what an idiot.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I don't understand people who try to look that way...I keep myself tidy and healthy, don't overeat, work outside a lot, etc., but I don't try for society's idea of "perfection." (I actually think it's rather ugly.)

tdominus
Textkit Member

Post by tdominus »

Emma_85 wrote:I mean no one thinks bodybuilders are attractive (like a few muscles are, but bodybuilders are ugly and only mad ‘she-bodybuilders’ think they're attractive). No one thinks men should have to look perfect like, but women (well at least we always think everyone thinks we should look perfect).
And it's not too difficult and very healthy do to some sport at least and try to eat a healthy diet (I think women should do so, too). Obesity is an illness it's not good for you.
But all this extreme perfection is just terrible. It's not very natural to be thin and have big breast, so women feel terrible, at least all men have to do is a bit of sport... it's also easier for men to loose weight than it is for women (something to do with the way women's bodies love to save fat, but don't like to burn it).
Maybe all this fitness studio stuff is something very American, benissimus, because not too many guys here go to the bother of building up their muscles like that, the most they do is play football (with a round ball).

I think men should loosen their standards, it's just plain depressing always trying to look like some perfect photoshoped model, and I don't see men being that depressed about not looking like Brad Pitt.

Lol, that reminds me of some guy, who was complaining about having to shave everyday like. I told him I have to shave everyday, too, and have much more to shave - he'd never thought of that, what an idiot.
As the author of workout software and someone who enjoys working out, I am a bit biased, but I don't understand why it is considered bad to take care of one's physical appearance and abilities. Did the Greeks or Romans hold this view?

For me, squatting a record amount is just as much an achievement as mastering a new set of latin grammar and vocabulary.

I think what the average woman's ideal preference is for a man to have a body like a men's health model.

Many men do get depressed about not looking like brad pitt. :) Look around the net - there are all kinds of forums and things for men who go to great lengths attempting to be more attractive.

At the risk of being politically incorrect, I have to admit that I'm not sure women are entirely honest about what they want. :)

Women tend to have higher body fat levels due to having higher relative estrogen:testosterone levels. Estrogen is the culprit there. A woman having too little fat will cause problems having kids (amongst other things). The "ripped" look on women is very unhealthy. I don't think many men consider female bodybuilders to be attractive.

In the case of men, the ripped look is also below the ideal health level, but that is what's preferred visually by the media and apparently by many girls. (Ideal health is 12-15% bodyfat, visual ideal is ~ 8%).

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

I think it largely depends on where you live. Here, men aren't held to nearly the same standards by the media as women are. Men here do work out and try to look good, but the pressure can't in any way compare to that on women, and the evidence is in the vast numbers of females with eating disorders and other related disorders (such as self-mutilation). Sure, eating disorders exist among men as well, but on a far, far smaller scale.

You can see it even in something as simple as cereal commercials. The husbands almost always are slightly "chubby" (really just healthy) while the wives depicted are almost invariably thin, regardless of how many children are running around. And that is the standard. It's only very recently that we have begun to see more normal women represented in advertising.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Firstly I'm not queer so I don't know whether Brad Pitt be pretty or not. Furthermore I agree with Emma, it is Americans mostly. Yet most americans are fat mothers. Not mothers literally. Well some of them are.

Anyway, press ups are by much harder than squats.

To be honest I like those that people like R Kelly employ in his videos. Those Japanese looking black women with big behinds but not too big.
Very thin things are not healthy. Not at all. I am ignorant and don't understand the girls who are frighteningly thin and think it to be fair and refuse to eat. Eat something!

When Jaffa Cakes are in the house I have an eating disorder. I tell my mother not to buy them. Not because I'll become fat, I never put on any weight apart from natural growth, but because I feel like pig. But at least that's only one food. Do they still have lime flavour jaffa cakes where you at? Or strawberry...ah lime why cancel lime...

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

They only have orange flavour Jaffa cakes in Germany.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

what's a jaffa cake?

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Shut up Episcopus. This isn't the first time you have made sick and generalizing statements like this. You cannot tell me everyone here is fat when I myself live here and it is clearly not the case. I am getting very annoyed and insulted by your unbridled insults and occasional release of subtle racism and sexism. Do you see ANYONE here attacking you in any way, shape, or form? Then why do you feel this need to attack so many people freely (or is it that evil in American blood you were talking about on MSN)?
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Here on some quotes that demonstrate further what I mean:
Furthermore I agree with Emma, it is Americans mostly. Yet most americans are fat mothers.
hmm...why do girls always suck at languages
Is it really that he begins to debate on governments whilst being American?
I hate America and my rage will intensify if I try to justify it by thinking thereof.
This entire thread: viewtopic.php?t=583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I realize episcopus is somewhat entertaining at times, but this kind of talking should not be tolerated here, on a learning site devoted to the Humanities and Classics. Episcopus, keep it to yourself, because I am certainly keep my opinions about you to myself.

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless »

Heh-heh. I don't think he has gone too far. For me, he'll probably be banned before he reaches that point. :-)

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

so you are assuming that all these comments are my true beliefs whilst I talk passionately about the revival of lime and strawberry jaffa cakes?

you probably have every flavour where you are.

en plus, it's unfair to dig up that thread because I did apologised for that.
This is an open board casual thread for recreational purposes; less than true comments are meant to be abundant and harmless remarks hurt no one. Moreover things that you have said to me have been unacceptable too, however I don't dig them up like a fat dog.
Last edited by Episcopus on Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

They are your true beliefs. I have talked to you many times, remember?

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

If you want to ruin a fair thread take it to private messages. It used to be a constructive discussion about various disorders which are pointless. Yet as a drug addict you know not what happens and ruin this. :x

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I would hardly call this a fair thread, but I really do think you should stop insulting people. You've been warned in the past and now you are abusing the clemency that was given to you.

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless »

I like klewlis, I curious to know what the hidden meaning of jaffa cakes is.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

A jaffa cake is small like a biscuit (the ones in the supermarket are at least, you can make your own bigger ones), they have a marmalade filling and a chocolate covering.

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless »

mmmm... sounds delicious. :) I wonder if Germans pronounce it with a "y" like in Jahr. Oh yeah, by the way Emma, I think you are too obsessed with Johnny. Yes, he is pretty and all, but I don't think it's healthy to be obsessed with just one Yank for too long. How about a non-Yank like Orlando Bloom? Funny how Yanks like the "sophisticated" Britains while Britains and Aussies like the "sophisticated" Yanks...

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I thought Jonny lives in France?

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless »

Yeah, but he's still a Yank though. :-)

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Orlando Bloom is just so uhh... (hope no Orlando Bloom fans are reading this :wink: )... boring. He may look cute, but that's about it, he's no real personality.
Anyway I did think I was a little obsessed, until I started going to the Johnny Depp fan forums. :shock: Quite a lot of people there are totally obsessed! I normally go and see a Johnny Depp film once in the cinemas, sometimes twice, but never 10000000 times. I don't have all his films on DVD or video either.
Sadly I only have one tiny DINA4 size poster of him in my bedroom :cry: , but I'm getting a bigger one for X-mas (I hope).
Why should I not like him just cause he’s American? Well, maybe that would be a reason for Episcopus ;-)...
He doesn't live too far away actually, just 2 hours.... lol, no I'm not that obsessed.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

1%homeless wrote:mmmm... sounds delicious. :) I wonder if Germans pronounce it with a "y" like in Jahr.
Lovely thought provoking remark, I salute you :lol:

It's more of a jelly, I don't like marmalade. You have yet to experience the joys of jaffa cakes! Don't buy German ones they're too small and sweet and sickly. Buy genuine Mcvities :)

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless »

Why should I not like him just cause he’s American?
Well, actually I don't have anything against him being an American, I was just poking fun at how people like "exotic" Americans. Oh yeah, denial is another sign of extreme unhealthy obsession. :-)

I shall look for jaffa cakes if I ever visit the UK while also looking for exotic Celts. ;-)

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

1%homeless wrote:I shall look for jaffa cakes if I ever visit the UK while also looking for exotic Celts. ;-)
:shock: Just go for the jaffa cakes

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Forget the jaffa cakes, try Marmite :P . I can't live without Marmite... most foreigners can't live with Marmite, though :roll: .

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Emma_85 wrote:Forget the jaffa cakes, try Marmite :P . I can't live without Marmite... most foreigners can't live with Marmite, though :roll: .
Lieber Gott! You didn't just say that Marmite is delicious, let alone better than Jaffa Cakes :shock:

My lord marmite is putrid

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Obviously your parents neglected to raise you properly when you were young. I read in a survey that people who weren't given Marmite before they were three, will never like it.
I love Marmite, I love Marmite, I love Marmite....
Lol, love it or hate it as they say.

Kalailan
Textkit Member

Post by Kalailan »

i believe i tried it and liked it. i remember that i tried vegemite, and liked it. and it was far after the age of 3.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

We got Demitri to try Marmite once and he liked it, but only with scrambled eggs, he didn't like it 'pure' on toast :) .
Otherwise my 'experiments' with Germans have proved the study to be quite accurate :P , but there seem to be some exceptions :) .

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Ok, I'm back from vacation AND getting on top of my work.

Let's put this thread to bed now.

jeff
Textkit Founder