Book Search

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Book Search

Post by Jeff Tirey »

I'm looking for some hard to find books. At the top of my list is Sidgwick's Greek Prose Composition Key. It will need to be printed before 1923.<br /><br />I'm also looking for...<br />North and Hillard's Latin Prose Compostion and Key<br />Thucydides from Ginn's College Series of Greek Authors <br />Latin books from Ginn's College Series of Latin Authors
Textkit Founder

klwps
Textkit Neophyte

Re:Book Search

Post by klwps »

Hi Jeff, <br /><br />Have you by chance tried Abe books online? If you happen to be in the Bay Area of Northern California, there are also some very good used bookstores such as BlackOak in Berkeley. The next time I go there, I'll keep an eye out.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re:Book Search

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Much appreciated. Yes, I frequent Abe and I have purchased many of Textkit's books (goodwin's greek grammar, anabasis, first greek book, smyth's greek grammar...) through alibris.<br /><br />I try hard not to go that route because its been my experience that I pay much more for a book in good condition. The best market for books I have found is ebay in terms of a fair price, but i have to sometimes wait a long time for something to come up.<br /><br />thanks,<br />jeff
Textkit Founder