Deletion of messages

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
HBD
Textkit Neophyte

Deletion of messages

Post by HBD »

So do messages frequently get deleted with the excuse

"The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product." ? :x

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Deletion of messages

Post by thesaurus »

We are being inundated with spam messages of all kinds, some of which try to pass themselves off as normal posts. It's quite a chore to review all the incoming posts/threads. As such, it may happen that a legitimate message gets denied approval from time to time. Sorry about that! If your post has been deleted, please repost. Message one of the admins if you are still running into trouble.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

rapotensis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by rapotensis »

Yes, I took great offence when one of my first posts suffered the same fate despite the "offensive link" (to a reputable university's distance learning Latin course) being contained in another post which was approved.

I don't intend to post any more, but when I saw your post I decided to say something, too.

Now, back to offline lurking.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Post by thesaurus »

rapotensis wrote:Yes, I took great offence when one of my first posts suffered the same fate despite the "offensive link" (to a reputable university's distance learning Latin course) being contained in another post which was approved.

I don't intend to post any more, but when I saw your post I decided to say something, too.

Now, back to offline lurking.
I wish I could change a few things on the board, but the other mods and I don't have control over the spam-filtering system (it's controlled by the board owner, Jeff). We'll keep trying to do the best with what we have.

In the case of a link, you were probably kicked back automatically by the site. A workaround would be not quoting the offending link in your reply.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute