An update on school :0

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

tadwelessar wrote:If you write in German please write also the English translation or I won't understand a word
All we're doing (or what I'm doing anyway :wink: ) is writing something for Episcopus to translate, nothing interesting. I'm just being a bit mean by throwing in a few colloquial words.

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

I'm just being a bit mean by throwing in a few colloquial words.
That's what I've said in my post :mrgreen:

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

Carola wrote:for years I have been dreaming of a strange world with very different animals and plants
I would like to suggest you to read something by Freud about dreams

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

tadwelessar wrote:If you write in German please write also the English translation or I won't understand a word
Me, either!

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

I'm 14 and I can speak English and French, I'm studying Latin and Greek, I'm going to study Ancient German and Ancient Nordic. I'm sorry if I can't speak German yet.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

:shock: 14?! Really? Do you study latin at school or what?

Are you male, female or some random indefinite alien? Coming from Europa, Jupiter's icy moon (I learnt that today!)

Emma, das ist sehr lustig :shock: :lol:

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

The Christmas market opens on Monday!!! Yeah... Glühwein for everyone... last year there was one really funny Biology lesson... half the class was drunk...

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Today it was very funny. Well you had to be there.

A boy in french was making great sounds, that sounded like a retarded cow's moo! They were infectious (did I spell that right mwah? I've never used that word in my entire life hah!) and I was red with laughter. My six pack even was hurting :lol: I said randomly "il sonne comme une vache retardé" which doesn't translate well into french but she knew what I was saying. The teacher has something against this boy and replied "that's putting it politely", for some reason not in french.

Yet when she asked me in the simple oral practise in front of the class(even though I don't do their work, she knows I like this question), "comment est ta mere?" and I say "Ma mere est tres grosse. Elle est putain donc elle recoit beaucoup d'argent, pourtant je ne l'aime pas parce qu'elle se dispute avec moi tres souvent. Je veux la tuer" and she just laughs :? I think, it be unfair. For gone are the days on which I said, in my first ever french lesson with another teacher (who has since fled to New Zealand!) "Je suis travesti" when every one else was saying "je suis fille/garcon". I was sent out of the class and interrogated: "Are you a transvestite?!!!!" , "No, and that's offensive to them."

Ah well I have my favourite cartoon video now! Yay. Que Dieu bénisse ebay!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Emma_85 wrote:The Christmas market opens on Monday!!! Yeah... Glühwein for everyone... last year there was one really funny Biology lesson... half the class was drunk...
Haha! We all make fun of germans and drinking here! And there are many trips to Koln christmas market. The teacher always becomes drunk from red wine.

The most stupid thing any one has ever done is pick "magic mushrooms" from the dirty (euphemism!!) playing fields.
Nam alii occidere possint, alii vos curare! Postquam hi liberi cenaverunt, aegri erant! Bona fortuna tamen mortem non pervenerunt! In ludo non sciebant magistri eos ita cenavisse! Post tempus brevem autem ludum discendere debuerunt ne infirmi essent, ac ne a cibo quem sugerant nocerentur!
Quamquam fuerit res durissima ob hanc eram laetior!

I need to know what "funny", and "eat" is and I can not be "bothered" (and this, perhaps idiom) to "get up" /sto, stare, steti, status (is that right? that was ages ago!!)

"Anyhow" (too!), have a good day!

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

Episcopus wrote::shock: 14?! Really? Do you study latin at school or what?

Are you male, female or some random indefinite alien? Coming from Europa, Jupiter's icy moon (I learnt that today!)
Yes, I'm fourteen and I'm male (not alien with green skin and aerials), I come from Europe (the old continent) not from Europa (Jupiter's icy moon), neither I'm from Callisto, Io or Ganimede. I study English, French and Latin at school; I study Greek on my own. How old are you, Episcopus? Why are you so "shocked":shock: ?
The French, to say someone's speaking very bad, say: "Il parle Français comme une vache espagnole" (He speaks French as a Spanish cow)

With the Socrates project, some Franch, Spanish and Bulgarian teachers have come to my school, very funny!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Oui je sais ca mais je ne le dis jamais car ces mots-ci ne me plaisent point. Ce que j'ai dit c'était qu'il faisait du bruit comme une folle!

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

Ugh I don't like French at all... :?

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

melior autem linguá Germaniae (haec latíná linguá inquam quod omnes nostri latine loquuntur ac Clemens linguam illam non amat) :)

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

I don't like French either, but I watched some of the match and the extra-time of the World Cup on a French TV channel, because the German one had adverts all the time, stupid DSF (well at least they showed it, would have been worse if I'd had to watch it all in French).

Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Skylax »

Emma_85 wrote:I don't like French either, but I watched some of the match and the extra-time of the World Cup on a French TV channel, because the German one had adverts all the time, stupid DSF (well at least they showed it, would have been worse if I'd had to watch it all in French).
What about turning the sound off?

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Lol, well yes... but then I really wouldn't have understood anything (it was difficult sometimes to understand the referees decisions)

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

In Belgium, two shops:

window n°1:
"Ici, on parle français" (Here we speak French)

window n°2:
Here we don't speak, we work! (It was written in German but I can't remember it)

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

Episcopus wrote:Oui je sais ca mais je ne le dis jamais car ces mots-ci ne me plaisent point. Ce que j'ai dit c'était qu'il faisait du bruit comme une folle!
What do you mean? I'm afraid I didn't understand

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Hier sprechen wir nicht, wir arbeiten :?

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

tadwelessar wrote:
Episcopus wrote:Oui je sais ca mais je ne le dis jamais car ces mots-ci ne me plaisent point. Ce que j'ai dit c'était qu'il faisait du bruit comme une folle!
What do you mean? I'm afraid I didn't understand
Sorry, it's my dodgy, strange french!

Roughly 'Yes I know that but I never say is as these words are not pleasing to me at all! What I said was that he kept making a noise like an insane (cow)'

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

OK, now it's clear

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

Don't you like French??? :shock: :shock: I agree with Episcpus! it's really better than German!

Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Skylax »

tadwelessar wrote:In Belgium, two shops:
window n°2:
Here we don't speak, we work! (It was written in German but I can't remember it)
It had probably been written in Dutch by Flemish people, which are prone to believe that the French-speaking Belgians don't work.

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

it's really better than German!
How can you know that? I thought you wouldn't understand it? ;-)

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I don't understand Hebrew but I know that it's the worst language ever.

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

Clemens wrote:How can you know that? I thought you wouldn't understand it? ;-)
I studied German for one year, a few years ago, however "de gustibus non est disputandum"

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

Episcopus wrote:I don't understand Hebrew but I know that it's the worst language ever.
Is this racism or what?

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

You'll never get him to admit it.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

For me to dislike their language is that I hate those people?

A spanish phrase sprang to mind, benissime, but it would disrespect the forum, although your accusations merit that.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Today my french teacher decided that we were "ahead" in the course, so we filled in fixed questionnaires for her MSc, as she had lost the real ones.
(By the by, if she calls being ahead not having 93% of the class who are able to say "they are", alors J'aimerais voir sa mere)
It was quite funny actually. We filled in 3 each with varied responses. One for me was a crazy kid (one boy wrote realistic graffiti "DECCY 4 KEGGY" and I just drew giant penes on my sheet, as they do. My responses were very amusing. I wish I had a scanner, I could show them to you...no wait, her professor has them now. Anyhow the other was just a quiet kid as I spent a lot of time (5 minutes) doing one by a kid named stuart (Stuart "quattor" Julius Caesar). "If no, What did you take instead of french?" - " Business Studies, for Daddy told me I should stand to make a substantial amount of money." "How should french be made more appealing to boys, as it is currently popular with girls only?" - "Her latin roots should be underlined from the outset. Regarding those females, they do not belong in school first and foremost. It is imperative that they remain at home - cooking, cleaning and tending to the tots only." "Why did you not choose french?" "All the world should speak latin and english. French is merely a deformed form of the great latin tongue. Moreover french sounds a tad queer. Also it did not grip my bishop, so to speak."
I remembered that I have a good memory. It was supposed to mock the "Posh kid loves latin" superstition...I put a heart at the top as graffiti - latinam linguam amo :? Well that's about all I learnt this week...what a waste of life eh...

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Maybe it would be best if we just transferred you over to my school, and I can go to yours. We learn way too much here, and I'm ready for a long break. After just 1 month at my school, believe me, you will really long for your old school in which you had to do nothing at all and had loads of fun. You would probably impress my Latin teacher at lot by liking the language (as you'd be the only one in the class not to hate it), and French, don’t know, you'd probably take one look at Molier (sp?) and flee (unless you're really good, but you said you thought your lessons weren't very good...). On the science side you'd probably be way ahead, in German you'd be rubbish :P , and in English you'd be kicked out of class every lesson and be shouted at by the teachers because you can speak English and they can't (which is why I dropped the subject), and in history and sociology you'd be rubbish as you don't like debating politics.
Business studies and computer studies don't exist, you can take philosophy instead though and try to translate Kant.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

No Emma, you are lucky. You don't know what you have. And the funny thing is that I do not have fun. Yes it is funNY, but I always ask myself "why the hell did I wake up this morning, I could be finishing up on the ablative absolute, or doing press ups or whatever, at least achieving something?!"
And your insult about German offends me because it's true! I don't have time to teach myself (although I will next year). I would quickly learn though, were I to be in a German environment especially if many Madchenenenenenen were to "help" me. In your English I would learn more and not be kicked out as I am here for I would be listening to the german and thus would listen to everything instead of falling asleep and writing "STIXOMYTHIA" in greek repeatedly on my macbeth. Or at least there would be many pretty girls unlike here. French...I'd be ok, I'm not that bad...I've taught myself enough to get around but I am crap compared to what I'd like to be. History I like HO CHIH MINH. It makes me angry, if we insult America and what they have done that would be fun. If not once again there's always the girls.
Estne verum ut sese in ludo faciant? no wait that's probably wrong...faciuntne sese in ludo? Rumores multos de hac re audivi...

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

In your English I would learn more and not be kicked out as I am here for I would be listening to the german and thus would listen to everything instead of falling asleep and writing "STIXOMYTHIA"
:? ??? what German, it's an English lesson, it's all in English. You'd just be listening to the teacher's pathetic English.
It makes me angry, if we insult America and what they have done that would be fun.
Well you would like my school, then, as everyday at least one of my teachers says how much they hate America, and show us documentaries on the corruption there and give us news articles to read about how terrible Bush is and so on. Especially my History teacher...

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

...doesn't the teacher have to say something in german in english lessons? Most of the french lessons are english...

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

Here the teacher talks English during the whole lesson, except for some translations of words we don't know...:)

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Ah...sie lernen Deutsch seit...sechs Jahre...oder mehr?

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

Ich lerne Englisch seit acht Jahren, Deutsch kann ich schon ein bisschen länger...:mrgreen:

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

ach ja...daher kannst du Englisch so schon schreiben obwohl Englisch einfacher ist und die Deutsche Leute zu viel trinken :o

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

I'm sure my English sounds bad for you... :?

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Aber nein...die meiste Zeit spreche ich mit Leuten die nichts schreiben konnen (und sehr schlimm sprechen). Ich glaube dass du besser als 99% Prozent der Englische Leute schreiben (und naturlich sprechen) kannst.