Answers to Wheelock?

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
ThePHoenixEffect
Textkit Neophyte

Answers to Wheelock?

Post by ThePHoenixEffect »

The self-tutorial exercises have answers, but the normal chapter exercises do not.

I've also been thinking of getting the workbook, but to my dismay...they don't have the answers to either.

Is there any online source that has the answers? I've only found chapters 1-9, and 22-37.

I can't find workbook answers at all.

I can ask a teacher....but I'm not taking the class...so I feel ashamed to ask him though I'm sure he would. (He's a religious brother....so..)It would be even moreso of a burden because he doesn't teach Latin with that book...

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

I've yet to find a complete set of answers anywhere, online or off.

sorry :(

generally, though, if you're looking to check specific answers there are people here who can help... just post a thread in the wheelock forum.

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

I know what you mean, most of the answers I have found (the 22-37) were for the 5th edition so be careful. If you get stuck just post them here as quite a few of us are running through Wheelocks right now.

ThePHoenixEffect
Textkit Neophyte

Meh...all the answers I found are for the fifth edition :x.

I found the workbook answers you have to email to get the password though.

http://www.harperacademic.com/catalog/i ... 0060956429

Now I just have to buy the workbook...and I'll be all set...no need to worry about stinky chapter exercises that no one has answers to...

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

I wonder it if would be possible to contact the publisher about purchasing the answer key to Wheelock 6th ed. Surely there must be quite a demand for it from people using the book for independent study (vs taking a high school or college course).

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I have all of my work from chapters 1-40 saved, which includes all the exercises. They have been looked over by a professor, so errors in them are unlikely, a few probably awkward English-Latin sentences exempt ;) If we can put them here I could probably consolidate them given a few weeks.

I think Jeff is still down under, but I think a locked sticky post in the Wheelock forum with all the answers could be helpful. Of course, if anyone can find a key on the net somewhere, I would rather just direct people there 8)

Ok, I've made an answer post. =) viewtopic.php?p=10356#10356
Last edited by benissimus on Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

ThePHoenixEffect
Textkit Neophyte

and if you do that...

I think a lot fo people will be VERY VERY happy! :D