Latin numbers

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
acelineclavet
Textkit Neophyte

Latin numbers

Post by acelineclavet »

Hi. I'm Aceline. Friends call me Ace. I came here to share with you my experience. I study Latin for 5 years.
So here is the deal. It is necessary for you to understand Latin numbers. Latin numbers are essentially adjectives as they are in English, and so we will treat them as such. However, there are some nuances that must be addressed. Topics in this article include:Role of Numbers, Numbers and Numerals, Types of Numbers, Learning the Numbers, One through Ten, Declining One and Two,In Sentences.
So if you don't mind I can write some sentences about all these things.

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Latin numbers

Post by adrianus »

Surely. Do that, Ace. (Speaking for myself.)
Licet. Sic facias, Monas. (Pro me ipso scribo.)
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Grochojad
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Grochojad »

acelineclavet wrote:Hi. I'm Aceline. Friends call me Ace. I came here to share with you my experience. I study Latin for 5 years.
So here is the deal. It is necessary for you to understand Latin numbers. Latin numbers are essentially adjectives as they are in English, and so we will treat them as such. However, there are some nuances that must be addressed. Topics in this article include:Role of Numbers, Numbers and Numerals, Types of Numbers, Learning the Numbers, One through Ten, Declining One and Two,In Sentences.
So if you don't mind I can write some sentences about all these things.
Why haven't you done so yet?

Sinister Petrus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Sinister Petrus »

Grochojad wrote:Why haven't you done so yet?
Σπαμ. Σπαμιττη σπαμ.

Grochojad
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Grochojad »

Sinister Petrus wrote:
Grochojad wrote:Why haven't you done so yet?
Σπαμ. Σπαμιττη σπαμ.
Spam. Spamitte spam.