YEAHHHH!!!!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Emma_85
Global Moderator

YEAHHHH!!!!

Post by Emma_85 »

Jonny Wilkinson's late drop goal gives England an exhilarating 20-17 extra-time victory over Australia.

World Cup champions! Image

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I don't watch sports...is that a good thing?

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I don't know about Jonny Wilkinson... but that smiley looks evil if you highlight it...
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Lol, yes it does.
And Keesa, yes it is good!
Jonny Wilkinson is great, good that the cut-out voodoo dolls of Jonny didn't help the Aussies :wink: .
The BBC website is overloaded at the moment - too many people trying to read the article on the world cup, it says server not found :P

tadwelessar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadwelessar »

It was the rugby championship, wasn't it? I don't like that sport. I like football

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Keesa wrote:I don't watch sports...is that a good thing?
If you take the "YEAHHHH", the exclamation points, and the jumping smiley, I think it's pretty safe to say that she considers it a good thing ;)

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Thing is football is getting a bit stupid I think. I mean the football world cup is ok still, but the clubs are rubbish. I mean like what has it got to do with me if some guys, who don't even speak English win for my club like? I just think there should be a rule so that you can't buy in players, it's just stupid spending millions and millions on players from other countries or other towns, because it supposed to be like which town or city has the better football players, not which club has the most money and can afford the most expensive players from Brazil.
It's not like that in rugby yet, because it's not so popular, so should I hope rugby never becomes more popular than football? :?
What I also like about rugby is that the players aren't such sissies. Jonny was down, but he got up again and continued to play, whereas if that had been David he would have had to be rushed to hospital like :wink: .

Thucydides
Textkit Fan

Post by Thucydides »

Somewhat underwhelmed by the response on this group....

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emma is right! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you're absolutely right about the players not being sissies. Football's a good game, but the professional game is a bit ridiculous now. Rock on Rugby!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Emma_85 wrote:...who don't even speak English win for my club like?
Well you sure have the rugbical idioms covered