Athenaze Book 1

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Timotheus Sissor
Textkit Neophyte

Athenaze Book 1

Post by Timotheus Sissor »

I have finally settled on Athenaze Book 1 to start my exploration of Greek. My goal is to read Koine for NT studies as well as some of the writers of that day, like Josephus, Pliny the younger, Eusebius, . . .

I have a purchased Book of Pharr for Homeric studies as well as J Gresham Machen and several Loeb text.

I also know that Textkit hasn't Athenaze 1 or 2 since it is still under copyright law.

What my question is
1. does many people have this text ?
2. will I be able to find help since I am doing this by self study?

( I got the book several years ago from Prof. Snee at PLU in Tacoma. Now that my kids are almost all out of the house we decided this was the best for us since we get to start reading Greek immediately from the first lesson)

Thanks Tim.

Grochojad
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Athenaze Book 1

Post by Grochojad »

Athenazde is quite popular and you shouldn't have any problems finding help on this forum. Good luck with your study.

pastorjohnperling
Textkit Neophyte

Post by pastorjohnperling »

I am finishing Book 1, Chapter 2 this week. Would you like to set up a chat session to compare Athenaze notes (skype, google, or facebook)?

jswilkmd
Textkit Neophyte

Post by jswilkmd »

There is also a Teacher's Handbook for Athenaze I, which has answer keys. Helpful for self-study.

23jones
Textkit Neophyte

Post by 23jones »

Teacher's Handbook for Athenaz - Are you talking about this one? http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/s ... 0195063844

23jones
Textkit Neophyte

Post by 23jones »

Teacher's Handbook for Athenaze - Are you talking about this?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15124

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Post by jaihare »

Just be aware that the Teacher's manual doesn't match the current edition of the book. It's not been updated.