Help

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
cymilkway
Textkit Neophyte

Help

Post by cymilkway »

I am learning Latin at home. Could you recommend any websites where I can listen to the lessons or can learn how to read Latin?

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Re:Help

Post by Episcopus »

http://www.textkit.com/details.php?ID=1 ... r_id=13<br /><br />Latin for Beginners, Benjamin L. D'Ooge <br /><br />-The best Latin book for beginners complete with logical, simple explanations accompanied by exercises aplenty and extra vocabulary.

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Help

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=3;threadid=193;start=0#920 date=1056276888]<br />-The best Latin book for beginners complete with logical, simple explanations accompanied by exercises aplenty and extra vocabulary.[/quote]<br /><br />I'm slowly working through this book. The explanations seem clear.<br /><br />Some of the exercises have instructinos, while others don't (pg 15, #31; pg 19, #39). For the latter, I assume they just want you to translate from English to Latin or vice versa.<br /><br />Are there solutions to the exercises ? They're pretty simple for now, but I'm sure I'll want to check the answers for the more advanced exercises coming up.<br /><br />