Answer Key for The Beginner’s Latin Book

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
kimtaylor
Textkit Neophyte

Answer Key for The Beginner’s Latin Book

Post by kimtaylor »

Hi,
I noticed that unlike the other beginner Latin books on this site that the The Beginner’s Latin Book
By William C. Collar and M. Grant Daniell did not have an answer key. In the process of learning Latin I am creating an answer key for this book, but as I am new to Latin, would love it if someone (or several some ones) would be willing to check over/edit it. I would be more that happy to have it appear on this site when it is completed. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

kimtaylor
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Answer Key for The Beginner’s Latin Book

Post by kimtaylor »

Hello again,
It seems so far that I have no takers. Perhaps it would be easier if people were interested in helping out chapter by chapter. I have just completed Chapter 2 (Chapter 1 has no exercises) and would be greatful for anyone out there to take a look. It is in a Word 97-2003 document and is 7 pages long. It includes first declension nouns in the nominative, genitive, dative and accusative. For anyone who knows Latin well, this should be a snap! If you are interested, please contact me. I will also update this site as I complete other chapters,
Cheers,
Kim

com_easy
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Answer Key for The Beginner’s Latin Book

Post by com_easy »

Hi, I am learning Beginner's Latin Book as well, also discovering that the process of checking my exercises against all the previously learnt content very time-/energy-consuming, thus cutting down study efficiency. I would love to help you work out a reference for all the answers in this textbook. But it would be very helpful if more people would take part in this program, not only increase the progress, but also reduce the error to a minimum.

If you are still learning latin via this textbook and still in need of a partner to check your exercise key, please contact me. :lol: