finding mistakes in a passage

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Perseus
Textkit Neophyte

finding mistakes in a passage

Post by Perseus »

See: http://lingua-latina-forum.farvardyn.com/Iacobus.pdf
This text has 30 mistakes that I should correct them, I was able to discover 28 only as I marked them in color and sometimes the correct one is in parentheses. Can you discover the other 2 mistakes in it?

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: finding mistakes in a passage

Post by adrianus »

Utque > utrique ?
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Perseus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Perseus »

Many thanks, can you please find another two also?

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Post by adrianus »

Te servi agitatorem, Perseu!
What a slave-driver you are, Perseus!
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Perseus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Perseus »

Sorry for confusion, I tought you are here to help others for their Latin difficulties. If you wish to not help, feel free to post nothing off-topic under my threads. Someone else can help please?

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Post by adrianus »

I was joking, Perseus. I would help you, believe me, if I could but I myself just can't spot the other mistakes. I'll try again later. If one is found, doesn't that mean one remains? You said again two remain.

Jocor, Perseu. Crede mihi, te adjuvissem, si potuissem, sed ego alia menda non specto. Posteriùs invenire iterùm conabor. Uno mendo reperto, nonnè unicum mendum manet? Duo manere dixisti.

Perseus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Perseus »

I am sorry about that, because the one you found I did check with the book, and noticed that was my own typo! sorry for that. This is one of exercises of the book Epitome of Carfagni.
I asked Roberto about the answer key, but he said he is not considering to publish an answer key. I think doing exercises without answer key or without the ability to correct them, is just a waste of time, so I think I should ignore the exercises of this book!